I'm thinking of getting the Icon?

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
i'm thinking of picking up an icon, well, it's a toss up between the icon and a moto x through moto maker.

anyhow, i'm not a fan boy, i currently have an htc one and an iphone (one for personal use, one for work). i've owned a few wp devices in the past (focus and focus s). liked wp, like android, ios is meh.

anyhow, this would be for personal use, since i have the iphone for work (free, they pay for it, not my choice). i have 3 kids, who are active, so snapping pics quickly, with good quality is important to me. i know the icon is older now, but i like getting them free on updates rather than paying $200 + the outrageous contract that i have.

so what are some pros and cons, i've seen all the reviews from engadget, cnet, the verge, pcmag, etc. but i want to know what real world people are experiencing. i read through the bugs and problems thread, seems like color gradient and wifi are issues. but hows life with the icon itself? hows the camera? would i be able to snap a quick pic of one of my kids running by? is there a burst mode with the camera?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes to burst mode and the camera is good but there's a noticeable lag you'll need to get used to. Especially compared to the iPhone. May want to try it first. In general it's a great phone. I don't have wifi issues but battery could be better.

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes to burst mode and the camera is good but there's a noticeable lag you'll need to get used to. Especially compared to the iPhone. May want to try it first. In general it's a great phone. I don't have wifi issues but battery could be better.

The battery life has been greatly improved with the 8.1 update 1.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Pros: Great display, super fast and smooth, excellent camera, solid "premium" build. It just FEELS like a flagship phone in your hand

Cons: WP 8 still missing a few apps I'd like, camera is great but a bit of lag (maybe an update to Nokia camera app will fix this?)

Overall I've had the phone for about 24 hours, and I can already say it is my favorite phone I've owned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon