Why Xiaomi phones look so familiar to LUMIA?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nokia was always ahead of the game aesthetically, so it's no surprised their designs are occasionally imitated. Even HTC's Windows Phone offerings (8X in particular) looked like they were straight out of the Lumia playbook.

That first design you posted looks more like a morph between the Lumia 930 and an iPhone to me.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
The Chinese (and the Koreans too) have an issue with creativity and innovating in general. Their strategy is normally copy and add more power at cheap prices (you save on design research, a lot and Japan did that too in the past). On the other hand, bringing innovation to what is essentially a rectangular slab takes real skills. To date the only ones who have managed to make it happen well are, in my opinion, Nokia, HTC and Sony. All the others have terrible designs...
Ah...the newborn too, Blackberry Passport is a marvel of design for me. Really a nice design. LG had made something in the same line with the VU (LG Optimus Vu Review) but i found it looking like a kid's toy with terrible plastics. Same for LG flex (http://r3.whistleout.com.au/public/images/phones/LG-G-Flex/LG-G-Flex-6-xl.jpg).

BTW: Xiaomi are nice to hold, but the UI to me looks ugly. There is something childish in it that i can't stand.

Last edited:

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The first one maybe (more like the iPhone 4 though), and the second doesn't look anything like a 920 to me. Not nearly ugly enough. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte