Anyone else having battery saver issues with 8.1 official?

Bakedfresh

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
So battery saver appears to be not working correctly...

Capacitive buttons stay lit and brightness does not dim.

Anyone else experiencing this? or would some of you mind testing?

Cheers

mdau

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
running official cyan update and have never experienced such a problem. Did you try soft reset or even hard reset after the update?

Bakedfresh

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Yup, I went: DP 8.1 -> Hard reset -> Cyan -> Hard reset -> Soft reset -> restore backup...

Probably some unnecessary resets, just did another soft reset and no dice...

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery saver only activates when your battery gets down to 10% capacity or less. Then it shuts down "non-essential" functions. It does nothing to save your battery in the first 90% of use. This is exactly the description on your phone.

Bakedfresh

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
You can turn it on manually, how could you not know that? You can choose to turn it on "Now until next charge" it worked fine with 8.0 and 8.1DP....

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I ever see with Battery Saver is that it sometimes will say "Less than 1 hour" since my last charge when in fact, I last charged sometime the previous day. However, this seems to only happen on my 810, not on my 925. I find that rebooting the phone corrects the problem, though, and it will say the right time since the last charge after the reboot.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So battery saver appears to be not working correctly...

Capacitive buttons stay lit and brightness does not dim.

Anyone else experiencing this? or would some of you mind testing?

Cheers

Are you honestly testing your phone at less than 10% of capacity?

If not, please reread my comment above. IT WON'T DO ANYTHING AT MORE THAN 10%! Sheesh.

lbinic

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. When I start the battery saver app with the option "now until next charge" enabled, the capacitive buttons stay lit. Very annoying at night. I wish I have an option to always shut that light off. It is useless day or night.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. When I start the battery saver app with the option "now until next charge" enabled, the capacitive buttons stay lit. Very annoying at night. I wish I have an option to always shut that light off. It is useless day or night.

So...................why don't you charge it instead of running Battery Saver? Night time is just about the only time I charge my phone. Generally, a pretty logical time. See what time it is via Glance when you get up to pee, have a freshly charged phone in the AM to start your day. No?

lbinic

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow ... :) Complete missunderstanding.
I use to read at night, using a nightmode scheme in the reader app. And the capacitive buttons are very bright in the dark, contrasting with the nightmode of the reader which is very dim. I am not using the battery saver to conserve battery, just to light off the capacitive buttons. Battery saver with the "now until next charge" option was the only way to do this. I searched the problem on the internet and all the user complaining about this problem are doing it for exactly the same reason as me.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow ... :) Complete missunderstanding.
I use to read at night, using a nightmode scheme in the reader app. And the capacitive buttons are very bright in the dark, contrasting with the nightmode of the reader which is very dim. I am not using the battery saver to conserve battery, just to light off the capacitive buttons. Battery saver with the "now until next charge" option was the only way to do this. I searched the problem on the internet and all the user complaining about this problem are doing it for exactly the same reason as me.

OK, thanks for that clarification. Being Certified Olde School, I do not get the love of reading on a screen, especially a tiny one. But note that I did so on my Nokia Communicators many years ago on long bus trips. Way, way before ebooks, Kindle, and all that. Other than convenience while traveling, or low cost ebooks that you wouldn't buy anyway, give me a real book and a lamp on the night stand any day! Er, night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium