8.1 update 1 DP - Battery Drain Still an Issue?

gavram

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I was on 8.1 and went back to 8.0 in anticipation of the official 8.1 release. I'm now thinking of going back to DP to get update 1. I've noticed that battery life is significantly better on 8.0 vs. 8.1 DP.

For those that are on the new 8.1 update 1 DP, do you continue to have the same battery drain issue as experienced with the original 8.1 DP?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious about this as well, if the phone is updated with cyan, which fixed the battery issue with 8.1, is it going to happen again.

richard_rsp

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have not had this yet. I was having the battery drain/getting HOT issue before the update, but I updated mine yesterday evening and everything seems to be running smooth (knock on wood).

​Its been off the charger for 6 hours now with some light texting and browsing and its at 89% currently.

dloendorf

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I was having battery drain and hot phone with DP 8.1. It was suggested I unpin Cortana from start screen. After doing that I have not experienced drain or heating.

lSsantos

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
With Wp 8 battery life: 20 hours, Wi-Fi turned on.
DP 8.1 : 5 hours.
DP update 1: 6 hours.
I'm thinking of going back to 8, but I can't miss these new features.

infamousdaveman

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have 8.1 and cyan on ATT 1520, updated to gdr 1 yesterday, got the phantom battery drain issue. Tried everything to fix and still had it this morning. Hard reset the phone , battery drain gone and I'm getting great life so far. Never experienced this before, I believe an error occurs during update that randomly causes this, hard reset was the only thing that worked.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have 8.1 and cyan on ATT 1520, updated to gdr 1 yesterday, got the phantom battery drain issue. Tried everything to fix and still had it this morning. Hard reset the phone , battery drain gone and I'm getting great life so far. Never experienced this before, I believe an error occurs during update that randomly causes this, hard reset was the only thing that worked.

Thank you, this is what I was wondering. Considering updating myself and wondered if Cyan made a difference.

laydbaak

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have noticed faster battery drain plus phone getting hot since I did the DP update yesterday. Saw a post that says to unpin Cortana. Why?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have noticed faster battery drain plus phone getting hot since I did the DP update yesterday. Saw a post that says to unpin Cortana. Why?

I experimented a couple different times with Cortana and whenever she's running in the background with medium or wide tile, location is used much more, sometimes non stop, and battery drains 50% faster than usual. I also get occasional "resuming" start screens when waking. I'm not sure if the tile itself is the problem or if it's her running in the background. Just seems kind of pointless to use a medium or wide tile if she's not running in the background so I'm guessing many who unpin her also disable her in the background. I used a small tile without her running in the background for a while without any noticeable drain or "resuming" start screens. Never tried that with a medium or wide tile but would be worth doing. I'll probably try things again with Update 1 over the next few days, see if anything changes for me.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Not for me anymore with my Icon. I used to have to reset it multiple times power day before update one. It also fixed the resuming screen I used to get alot. I haven't had to reset my phone since I updated on Monday, which is a miracle.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Update 1 on my 1520 fixed my battery drain issues. Cyan + 8.1 wasn't any better than just the 8.1 dp.

This is odd. DP 8.1 without cyan my 1520s battery life was horrible. Cyan + official release restored the battery back to almost 2 days of life per charge. And I've installed the DP 8.1 update 1, seeing currently 4 hours since charge, 87%, and 1 day 10 hours remaining.

fabvon

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 here. It is even worse now. I've soft reseted it, and the issue remains. 3G only, around 30 minutes of screen, Wifi, Bluetooth and Location Off: lasting 9 hours.

mikeyqp

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I had 20+ hours of battery on 8 and 8.1dp.. Then with update 1, i get about 12 hours with location off, Cortana pinned to start, and have not yet done a soft rest. During this time, I feel much more attentive to the battery life (which is a bad thing) checking the battery 5-15 times a day. As opposed to being almost care free prior to update 1. After i post this, I'm going to do a soft reset and unpin Cortana from start. I'll give an update in a couple of days!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss