From HTC One m8 to 930

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I had to go back to my M8 yesterday. I went back and returned my 2'nd unit of the 930 and just cancelled my purchase. Just could not catch a break with the screen. First unit had horizontal gradient on gray colors. Second unit had vertical gradient instead that I didn't notice right away because I was so happy the horizontal gradient from first unit was gone. Won't bother with a third unit. The screen uniformity issue coupled with the much worse battery performance made me do it.

Also the camera performs much worse in low light than my M8. Purple colors starts to appear and general white balance was bad in the dark. Much better on the M8 as I did several side by side comparisons since I had both with me at most times.

yeah, I also had major issues with the screen, and yes, the M8's camera, albeit low-res, yields better results than the 930's in many situations, especially for low-light and indoor shots. The 930's camera is outright useless for moving subjects, such as your kids.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
yeah, I also had major issues with the screen, and yes, the M8's camera, albeit low-res, yields better results than the 930's in many situations, especially for low-light and indoor shots. The 930's camera is outright useless for moving subjects, such as your kids.

If you set focus before taking the shot maybe it would yield better results for moving subjects.

gfreek

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I had to go back to my M8 yesterday. I went back and returned my 2'nd unit of the 930 and just cancelled my purchase. Just could not catch a break with the screen. First unit had horizontal gradient on gray colors. Second unit had vertical gradient instead that I didn't notice right away because I was so happy the horizontal gradient from first unit was gone. Won't bother with a third unit. The screen uniformity issue coupled with the much worse battery performance made me do it.

Also the camera performs much worse in low light than my M8. Purple colors starts to appear and general white balance was bad in the dark. Much better on the M8 as I did several side by side comparisons since I had both with me at most times.

I must be really lucky as I don't have any noticeable screen uniformity, even double checked by going into alarm settings menu to see if there was any horizontal or vertical gradient in the grey background none at least to my eye. Also I have uninstalled the Nokia display app from system settings as it destroys the contrast i.e. Black is not true black, will re-install if there is a new update.

But I'm with you on the battery performance it is in my opinion pathetic, not acceptable! I need a phone to last me at least the whole day not working day 8 - 9 Hrs! Hence I'm definitely going back to m8 with windows phone when it is available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire