Any news on WP 8.1 update?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Now go read the many, MANY posts where people DO have problems. My Icon didn't have any problems for about a week. Then after a reboot it started taking anywhere from a second to several seconds to wake up. I didn't have a heat issue but a lot of people do. Hopefully Cyan will fix this.

The upside is that it's not hard to roll it back to 8.0. Just time consuming.

Battery life is ok here, would think it was a little better but, I have been running the DP from the day I got the phone so, nothing to compare it with. BUT, My phone gets hot to the touch after about 4-5 of constant use and after about 10,. I need it put it down, it's very uncomfortable to hold....

I hope Cyan fixes this issue, was going to hard reset but, we are so close, might as well wait it out....

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing we don't see Cyan until after the HTC One W8 is available. Just seems like a Verizon move to hold back to make sure a new phone is their first one available with 8.1. Plus it gives them more time to fine tune all the Verizon bloatware we'll all uninstall immediately...

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Dang I feel sorry for you guys on Verizon (my brother is). We are on Consumer Cellular (AT&T network and phones) and my wife got cyan/8.1 on her 925 and we got it on both of our backup 520's. Only waiting on my good old faithfull 820. It was worth the wait though, really surprised how nice it runs on the 520, should be really, really nice on your Icon's.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Dang I feel sorry for you guys on Verizon (my brother is). We are on Consumer Cellular (AT&T network and phones) and my wife got cyan/8.1 on her 925 and we got it on both of our backup 520's. Only waiting on my good old faithfull 820. It was worth the wait though, really surprised how nice it runs on the 520, should be really, really nice on your Icon's.

Thanks for your sympathy. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep when I think about it. ;)

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody else check every notification from the WPC app in anticipation that it says "Cyan rolling out for ICON on Verizon"? Especially since they changed the notification tone..lol.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else check every notification from the WPC app in anticipation that it says "Cyan rolling out for ICON on Verizon"? Especially since they changed the notification tone..lol.

There was a point this morning when all three notifications from WPCentral read "Cyan Update rolling out for..." I almost threw my phone at the wall.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site

sadly the next WPC news headline I am looking for is "Windows 8.1 and Cyan has been rolled out to the entire world with the only exception being Verizon customers who are still waiting for the updates" :unhappy:

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go from past updates with my Android phones. Take the time from announcement. Half the time from when we actually got it and I come up with never! :p So I'm not holding my breath. I'll just keep rockin the DP 8.1 with the new update and hope I'm wrong!

Please identify a single WP update that VZW has not delivered to the Lumia phones. If you don't know the answer to that one, it is absolutely none. VZW has delivered every update. Perhaps you might want to check their WP history before making statements based upon the track record of Google and the Android hardware crowd. It takes all of a minute or so to check and thereby avoid making comments devoid of facts. I am sorry but this isn't just idle speculation, it is biased and uninformed. For all the incessant whining on the part of some people, VZW's record is probably the best of any US carrier.

upnort

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Easy there. It was tongue and cheek. Part of the reason why I switched was the way they handle the updates.
Sent using Tapatalk.

upnort

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Being put in my place I'll hang my head in shame and return to the cheerful news about the fighting in Gaza, Ebola outbreaks in Africa and the potential Russian invasion of the Ukraine to set myself right.
Sent using Tapatalk.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Please identify a single WP update that VZW has not delivered to the Lumia phones. If you don't know the answer to that one, it is absolutely none. VZW has delivered every update. Perhaps you might want to check their WP history before making statements based upon the track record of Google and the Android hardware crowd. It takes all of a minute or so to check and thereby avoid making comments devoid of facts. I am sorry but this isn't just idle speculation, it is biased and uninformed. For all the incessant whining on the part of some people, VZW's record is probably the best of any US carrier.

Verizon has had a whopping three Lumias to support. And they've delivered three firmware updates. Amber & Black to the 822, and Black to the 928. It took them over a month from Nokia's rollout announcement to do each of those.

AT&T on the other hand has six Lumias to support. And they've already released up through Cyan for four of those six models. Please tell me again how VZW has the best Nokia Lumia support record of any US Carrier.

My poor HTC Trophy still hasn't received WP 7.8 ;)

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting. Yeah 928 rolled out updates quicker than att. Coming from att I thought they'd be 1st but Verizon surprised me but probably spoke too soon as taking a good long while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb