Headphone problem after updating to wp8.1 update 1

avinash573

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 on att. I have the cyan update and everything was working fine. I then updated my phone to wp8.1 gdr1 and now my earphones stopped working. I can hear the music but I cannot play/pause from me headphone control. Also, the microphone on my headphones does not detect my voice, so I cannot take phone calls anymore.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1520 on att. I have the cyan update and everything was working fine. I then updated my phone to wp8.1 gdr1 and now my earphones stopped working. I can hear the music but I cannot play/pause from me headphone control. Also, the microphone on my headphones does not detect my voice, so I cannot take phone calls anymore.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Any help would be appreciated.
I had the same thing happen but not with my headphones but my car radio with embedded Bluetooth. I had to hit advanced under Bluetooth and check that box for alternate voice, but still iI can't play pause or skip with the radio after grd1, what sticks is the official cyan fixed this for me, then I upgraded and lost it only after a few days... I am thinking I should have stayed on the official cyan... I really like the live folders though...

Problem for me is my device gets touch issues badly with double tap to wake... Like the phone will unlock itself and start doing things on its own... Pretty creepy,, I took some videos if anyone is interested.

I did have a hard reset and a restore with restore from backup and the problem was gone, then tested a hard reset with a restore and the problem developed like clockwork.

So I am convinced its a combo of both, hardware and software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo