Double tap to wake on Cyan

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I downgraded my phone (again) and updated, so now I have Cyan installed. I also got back to Preview for Developers to get update 1. So far my phone is running great. Battery seems to be slightly better (hopefully it even gers better soon) and touch sensitivity is better, although sometimes it still recognizes scrolling as clicking.

I noticed something strange though. I enabled double tap to wake and when I do that, the screen doesn't light up immediately as it used to. Now it slowly brightens. It's pretty cool though, but is that normal? Also, battery saver does not show any usage. The bar that shows how much an app uses isn't there. Anyone else getting these things?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I just want to ask how does your phone behave when you wake it up either by pressing the power button or using double tap to wake.

I noticed that on 8.1 and even when I was on 8.0 it takes about a split second for the screen to show a picture.

It is especially obvious at night when I am in bed. I notice the screen turning on first and then the picture turns shows.

Is this normal for the 1520?

I have an 822 and waking it works instantly.

Amunarjoh

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 randomly doesn't respond to double tap to wake. It's annoying and I have not found any solution to this. I'm on Cyan and dp. Anyone else having the same experience?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I downgraded my phone (again) and updated, so now I have Cyan installed. I also got back to Preview for Developers to get update 1. So far my phone is running great. Battery seems to be slightly better (hopefully it even gers better soon) and touch sensitivity is better, although sometimes it still recognizes scrolling as clicking.

I noticed something strange though. I enabled double tap to wake and when I do that, the screen doesn't light up immediately as it used to. Now it slowly brightens. It's pretty cool though, but is that normal? Also, battery saver does not show any usage. The bar that shows how much an app uses isn't there. Anyone else getting these things?

I've noticed that too. Overall, I wonder if the 1520's screen is less responsive than other WP devices. It sure seems that way.

cariocap

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 randomly doesn't respond to double tap to wake. It's annoying and I have not found any solution to this. I'm on Cyan and dp. Anyone else having the same experience?

Mine does the same, and another problem is that it sometimes recognizes scrolling as clicking.
Another problem is the network signal that goes down and never come back until I restart or reset.
It?s unacceptable a phone with such problems.

These 3 problems will force me to leave Windows Phone and change to Iphone 6 Plus...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same, and another problem is that it sometimes recognizes scrolling as clicking.
Another problem is the network signal that goes down and never come back until I restart or reset.

These 3 problems will force me to leave Windows Phone and change to Iphone 6 Plus...

not gonna lie it sounds like a hard reset, and if that fails, service will be necessary.
that's like me leaving iOS and changing to something else because my iPod's home button was flaky, and therefore all of them must be.

D2G9

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

Mine exhibits the same issues.... it's a shame that there has been nothing from Microsoft (Nokia) to address this on what is a flagship phone.

cariocap

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Another network problem is that sometimes it keeps signal in 2G or 3G and never change to LTE(4G) in an 4G area.
To solve this I dial ##3282# and 4G comes back again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6