Settings file size = 2.4GB?

accursedvenom

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't use storage check anymore. Moved over to storage sense. My "system" files are at 2.8gb or so. Other is usually around 0-40mb. I had one instance of temp files at about 2gb and would not clear out. Finally got a message to turn off wifi and it would clear it. It was weird but worked.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I also don't use storage check anymore as its representing settings as utilising 11GB of space and not showing the apps I know are actually using that space.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I think this is the other storage problem, it has not been fixed. Microsoft just changed its location to show up under Settings because they think we are stupid. My settings is at 5.1gb right now.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Storage Check is not showing information properly on 8.1. I recently got an email from Nokia Beta Labs, where they told me that Storage Check was discontinued, and that you should use Storage Sense instead.

To uninstall Storage check, set your phone date 100 years forward. Then open Storage Check, and an uninstall button should appear.

After you're done don't forget to set the date back :p

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I use both Storage Check and Storage Sense. Under Storage Check, my settings are at 883MB, but in Storage Sense, I don't actually see what the amount is for the settings. Are you sure you're not looking at system?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa