MS camera or Nokia camera?

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Do I use the stock MS camera or the Nokia camera?
Briefly tried the Nokia camera app but it takes longer to open and sometimes it didn't show the symbol to take a picture/video, I had to close the app and re-open.
The MS and Nokia cameras also have different zoom lengths.

MS or Nokia, which is better?

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not much of a camera guy, so I can go either way, but Nokia Camera suits me just fine. I feel much more comfortable with it.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
For point and click I think the standard camera gives slightly better results in more situations. For more thought out pics I would use Nokia camera.

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Depends which phone you have. Anything else than 1020 I would use stock for the speed. The quality comes nicely if you have the needed hw with the Nokia camera
Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk

nbaliga

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Stock camera is waay better if you need the speed (kids, activity pictures)
Nokia camera is waaaay better if you have fairly still shots (portraits, group pictures, scenery etc). Quality of the pictures is remarkably better. If object is moving, Nokia camera tries to take multiple pictures and they always end up fuzzy for me.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Funny, picked up an Icon last night and it has the original (ish) version of Nokia Camera. No Smart Cam features, but it has FULL controls over flash and focus assist lamp, lenses available directly from shooting screen, and the last shot available in the upper left for easy review and editing.

I really dislike how much they have crapped it out since launching it.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Nokia Camera have more controls, so if you use them, Nokia Camera it's better. But if not, use Camera App. It's faster, takes no time to open and have some controls too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb