Help! Rogers Lumia 1020 Cyan firmware is bugged. Beware!

jamesbond69

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just finished updating my factory Rogers Lumia 1020 (never unlocked, never modded or flashed) to WP8.1 over the air so its rogers branded firmware. Everything went smooth without any issues... Now here comes the bad part, the firmware they have rolled out over the air for the 1020 causes the phone to be stuck in airplane mode. I have researched the issue and there are alot of other north american users that are having the same issue with the update. It seems like they released it without thorough testing. I am now forced to revert back to wp8.0 until they fix the firmware. So i am just warning you rogers users: update at your own risk. The firmware has alot of other bugs too such as the music player will not work as soon as you attempt to open it the app crashes and sends you back to the home screen. I hope they are able to resolve it soon.

Also, how can i report this issue to Nokia.

Rashi86

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I just finished updating my factory Rogers Lumia 1020 (never unlocked, never modded or flashed) to WP8.1 over the air so its rogers branded firmware. Everything went smooth without any issues... Now here comes the bad part, the firmware they have rolled out over the air for the 1020 causes the phone to be stuck in airplane mode. I have researched the issue and there are alot of other north american users that are having the same issue with the update. It seems like they released it without thorough testing. I am now forced to revert back to wp8.0 until they fix the firmware. So i am just warning you rogers users: update at your own risk. The firmware has alot of other bugs too such as the music player will not work as soon as you attempt to open it the app crashes and sends you back to the home screen. I hope they are able to resolve it soon.

Hi,

go to the Nokia website -- Support -- Choose your product from the list -- scroll down to 'more contact options' and report via the mediums provided.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm,ill stick to DP for now...thanks for heads up. But I guess not everyone was impacted, too risky.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Lol the music app is like that for everyone. Other than that, what a bummer. Seems the DP is more stable than some firmware builds

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I am running a Rogers Lumia 1020, updated to Cyan/8.1 with almost no issue at all.
The only niggle is the update wiped the settings I had for internet.

so now I have to try and find the network app for 8.1 and reenter Winds APN's......

jamesbond69

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
My update is full of bugs, still cannot disable airplane mode. The phone can not be resumed once into lock screen, the only way is to soft reset it every time. When you press the up or down volume button the little strip that pops up to show volume and track info only appears as a thin gray line. Now i am forced to go to my parents house to use their PC to downgrade to wp8.0 so i can use my phone to call and text. It seems like its not a widespread problem but there are a lot of other users experiencing the identical issue with stuck flight mode .

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077