Concern: Battery drain L920...

ultra99

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what's going on buy my phone tends to lose charge very fast, a full charge doesn't even last a half a day. What can I do about this?

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what's going on buy my phone tends to lose charge very fast, a full charge doesn't even last a half a day. What can I do about this?

Perhaps you can give us some more details. Are you on the Dev Preview? Did your battery problems happen right after installing the Dev Preview?

Back in January, our friends here at WPCentral wrote an excellent article with battery saving tips for times like this: 17 tips to extend battery life on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

But if your battery isn't even lasting half a day, you probably have a deeper underlying issue going on with your device. I would spend some time going over everything, and consider the possibility of applications or services running unwanted in the background. If you end up at your wits end, it might be time to go ahead and factory reset your device. Something else to consider, and hopefully this isn't the case, is that your battery might simply be crapping out on you. They do go bad, and can only be charged a certain amount of times before they lose their energy.

Anyhoo, I hope you can fix your problem. Report back in later and let us know how you're doing. Your experience may be able to help someone in the future who is having the same problem.

Good luck!

ultra99

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I'll look in to this.

I just got my phone a couple weeks ago and installed WP DP 8.1 with the latest updates. I think I noticed significant reduction after the 8.1 Update 1 "update".

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes there battery has degraded after 8.1 update 1 but it would improve after the cyan update (atleast that's the expectation)

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
My list of steps to correct battery problems:

1. Reboot.
  2. If not better, soft reset, maybe a few times.
  3. If not better, go into Battery Saver, Usage, and see if it's one or a few apps. Uninstall/reinstall may fix. Also, check what you're allowing to run in background, check your settings and turn off background things you don't need, uninstall apps you don't use, etc.
  4. If not better, hard reset with restore.
  5. If not better, hard reset with setup from scratch.
  6. If not better, Nokia Recovery Tool to go back to 8.0 and start over.
  7. If not better, might be a hardware issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo