Debating Icon

feakei57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My 14 days period to return my lg g2 to BB are up. None of the issues with this phone have crept up(yet). If they do, I really don't want to fight with lg and verizon like i've heard about. I guess i just need a push towards the Icon. Honest opinions? Thanks

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Well considering this is the forum section for the Lumia Icon...on a site called "windows phone central" pretty sure most of us are going to lean towards choosing the Icon :p In all honesty? when i was switching from Android to Windows phones i made a list off all the apps i really needed, and compared them to what was on Windows Phone store. It worked in my favor (most of what i used to do on a smart phone i do on my Surface 2 now) so i made the switch. I like Windows phone for its clean look, buttery smooth OS and Nokia's amazing camera tech. Some apps are not nearly as polished as they are on Android or ios (example Cracked "about" section says "cracked for Windows Phone 7") But it works enough for me to still be enjoyable. It really all comes down to what you want out of a phone and which one of the two delivers the best user experience to you. Good luck in your choice and let us know what you choose!

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I almost went for a g2 until I saw the floor model had that screen flickering issue. I went to the LG website to ask LG what they would do if I do happen to have that happen to me and I forgot what they said exactly but I wasn't pleased with the response and went back to windows phone and got the icon. No problems with it. Though I do like lg's tvs.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
My experience with the G2 was great. As for trading it for moving from that to the icon goes. If you're big into apps you may end up missing a few here and there and some apps that are there you will be paying for what was free on android. The camera is honestly great on the icon in comparison to a pretty good one on the G2. The battery life of the icon has not been as good as the G2 either. I haven't had any issues with the G2's screen but maybe I was lucky. The icons screen for me has been great and so has call quality. GPS using any service on the g2 totally sucked. No connection at times or an incredibly slow one. The icon on the other hand has been flawless and extremely quick to get a signal. Some say the build quality of the icon is heads and shoulders above others but I never had a complaint about the g2's build either. In the end it will mostly come down to the ecosystem. Google or Microsoft. I was leaving google services which is why I gave up my g2 unless I would've just stayed. Also I had some software issues with the g2 such as the email not pushing like it should which took the arrival of kit Kat to fix and now night mode works sporadically.

Sent from my potato.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded to the icon today, so far it is awesome. I wanted to wait for the official cyan update, but having the 8.1 dp on my 822 spoiled me, think I'll throw it on this phone soon if Verizon doesn't get the damn update pushed soon.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to the icon today, so far it is awesome. I wanted to wait for the official cyan update, but having the 8.1 dp on my 822 spoiled me, think I'll throw it on this phone soon if Verizon doesn't get the damn update pushed soon.

I'd wait. Coming from pre dev 8.1 the battery didn't last as long as in comparison to 8.0 on the icon. And I'd get random restarts or screen freeze's. I like the battery life after switching back to 8.0 and that was my main thing.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What are we talking when you say battery drain? Is it draining in just a couple hours or just a noticeable drop in battery life?
take your pick. When I got my icon I updated to prev dev 8.1 and went passed 8.0 in general cause I had the 928 before. Now coming back to 8.0 on my icon I see the difference in battery life and longevity.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Guess I just got lucky then, because I installed the dp earlier today and have had zero issues with it, been running flawlessly. Battery dropped about 45% with moderate user over 8 hours. The longer the better of course but if my phone can get me through 12 hours on a charge I'm satisfied. I'm not tied to it constantly, and I've always got a charger around whether it is at home, in my car or at my desk at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett