Things to dislike about the 920!

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
1. No dust in my phone's FFC
2. I got used to the weight, and honestly now when I pick up any of the Galaxies or iPhones, I feel them too light and 920 just about the right weight.
3. Battery backup was really great on WP8. Let's see, how is it when running Cyan.

ACynicalLamp

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I love my 920. The weight adds a good feel to it for me, makes it free more premium.

I've dropped this phone practically everywhere and it has never broken. The longest drop was from the stairs at the Arch all the way to the Mississippi river lol.

The dust in the FFC means you can exchange it at an att warranty center, if you're lucky to live close to one like myself.

The battery one I'll give you. Would be nice to have a bigger one.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I love my 920. The weight adds a good feel to it for me, makes it free more premium.

I've dropped this phone practically everywhere and it has never broken. The longest drop was from the stairs at the Arch all the way to the Mississippi river lol.

Oh it'll break if you drop it onto a hard enough surface... trust me. It will shatter like a wine glass! Get a case for it now!

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
On my particular 920:

-Bad battery life (have to charge it twice a day)
-Screen flickering (sometimes when the phone is locked and I get a notification)
-Yellow-ish screen (specially noticeable when next to another 920/925/928

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Really?? I have the British rom and haven't got an update. (I'm on WP DP 8.1 Update 1)

if you are on DP 8.1 you probably have to downgrade to 8.0 to be able to update to Cyan. After that you could go to DP8.1 again and you'd have both. Or you can wait for the fix from MS to upgrade to Cyan on DP8.1

ultra99

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
if you are on DP 8.1 you probably have to downgrade to 8.0 to be able to update to Cyan. After that you could go to DP8.1 again and you'd have both. Or you can wait for the fix from MS to upgrade to Cyan on DP8.1

I have the Carrier Variant rom, so still no cyan, only on O2 and Vodafone.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you wanted to post this in iPhone forum, right?? ;)

No, I meant to post it here, why? What makes you think that? And what's even more disturbing is two people "liked" your post... lol weird

I've had nothing but Nokia Lumias since Windows Phone 8 came out!

My first WP8 phone was a 920.. I dropped it and the screen completely shattered. Replaced it with another 920. I've since had TWO 1020s that the screens got broken on from falls. I now have a 1520 with a case to prevent the same thing happening...

So like I said... Get a case for your 920!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
No, I meant to post it here, why? What makes you think that? And what's even more disturbing is two people "liked" your post... lol weird

I've had nothing but Nokia Lumias since Windows Phone 8 came out!

My first WP8 phone was a 920.. I dropped it and the screen completely shattered. Replaced it with another 920. I've since had TWO 1020s that the screens got broken on from falls. I now have a 1520 with a case to prevent the same thing happening...

So like I said... Get a case for your 920!
Droped mine many a times and two years In absolutely no issues. The 920 is a tank. You mist have some really bad luck.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
None of the issues the OP has I do on my 920. My ffc does not have any dust in it. The weight is noticeable at first, but once you have the phone for a while it becomes a non-issue. The battery is decent for me--around 13-16 hours on regular use and almost a full day on light usage.

Droped mine many a times and two years In absolutely no issues. The 920 is a tank. You mist have some really bad luck.
Believe me, drop that baby digitizer first on a hard surface and I guarantee it'll shatter. I had my first 920 with no case and it shattered the screen when I dropped it. But, with any phone that will happen.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh it'll break if you drop it onto a hard enough surface... trust me. It will shatter like a wine glass! Get a case for it now!

Will the screen shatter? Depends on how it was dropped. Will it fold like iPhone's aluminum? No. You get scuff marks but they'd be negligible since the 920 chips the same color of its surface. I bought cases for my 920 and found them to be useless since the phone feels very solid in the hand. That's the one thing I am missing when I switched to the 1520.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
920, 1020, 1520 doesn't matter.. yes, they're built like tanks, and obviously I love them as I keep getting a new one every time one comes out... But they are truly no match for a hard ceramic tile floor, concrete, or asphalt. I'm gonna have to say in your case, with dropping it "many a times in two years", that you've been incredibly LUCKY!

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
After updating to DP 8.1 Update 1, I have nothing to say about my 920...great battery life, great signal strength! It's the best Lumia made so far imop..I wouldn't compare it to any other model so far. My iPhone 5S is my second choice, since the 8.1 update! Loving it!!!
Sent from my Lumia 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte