Things to dislike about the 920!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So you hate your phone because you drop and break it? If you're so prone to dropping phones and don't want a thick case Nokia sells a slim case that fits like a glove. I have it on mine and can barely tell I have a case. But its enough to dull the resonance from a drop making screen breaks less likely.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
...means we'll be the last to get the 8.1 update! I've been as big a supporter of WP as anyone, really liked my 920, but I'm quickly loosing patience with this update bs.

at least we even get updates. look at androids, see any of them updated?
also, if you're super impatient there's the preview program.

Diniy Moktar

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Guys help me. After the update gdr 1, my Wi-Fi tethering are not working. My laptop was connected but I couldn't load the search engine. T.T

bryanibuan

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The quality of FFC. In all of the pictures I take with it, there is a portion the looks like it was smudged. Lumia 720 seems to have better FCC.

With regards to battery, my 920 lasts for more than 24hours with lots of SMS and phone calls, wifi and data switched off.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
at least we even get updates. look at androids, see any of them updated?
also, if you're super impatient there's the preview program.

I don't know anything, -anything about androids. What I'm saying is that this update was announced when... in February? And here it is mid August and I'm still waiting. I don't think I'm being "super impatient". This seems to be how Microsoft works, announce something, an update or new phone model, then take 6 months to release it so by the time it comes out it seems like it's outdated already. That may be just my opinion but that's how I see it.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't know anything, -anything about androids. What I'm saying is that this update was announced when... in February? And here it is mid August and I'm still waiting. I don't think I'm being "super impatient". This seems to be how Microsoft works, announce something, an update or new phone model, then take 6 months to release it so by the time it comes out it seems like it's outdated already. That may be just my opinion but that's how I see it.

Just be patient!

I absolutely love my 920. Long before the phone was ever released, I saw photos of it and drooled badly. I don't think I've ever wanted a phone that bad before. It's been a long road with Windows Phone, but even after 2 years, the 920 is a fantastic, timeless piece of gadgetry. It will always be one of the most attractive phones ever created, and I love it even through all of its flaws.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You forget Microsoft is a software company which runs on the majority of the worlds computers. It is typically "announced early" as a very small subset of developers get to toy with the software very early and many leak some info to the press. Threshold has been available to some Ms developers for a while as a very early build that does not mean they take a while, it just means some people get access very early and tell the press about it. If android or ios did this with developers it would be the same thing.

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Just be patient!

I absolutely love my 920. Long before the phone was ever released, I saw photos of it and drooled badly. I don't think I've ever wanted a phone that bad before. It's been a long road with Windows Phone, but even after 2 years, the 920 is a fantastic, timeless piece of gadgetry. It will always be one of the most attractive phones ever created, and I love it even through all of its flaws.

I'm with ya, love my 920 too, read up on it here in these forums before it came out and that actually helped sell me on Windows Phone and Nokia. I just want it to be better, get updates faster. The topic was Things to dislike about the 920, and well that's all I've got. Others got updated a few weeks ago and now it seems like they're taking forever with us. I want Cortana already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs