Nokia Lumia 1020 Bug Need Help

Zorky

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
My nokia lumia 1020 phone sometimes shuts down after been charged to full and does not turn on again and cant be recharged but after few days it works like normal. I have gone 3 times to Opin Kerfi in Iceland that handles the phone repair and they say there is nothing wrong with my phone.

Has any one else had this problem and what can I do to get it repaired or even new phone.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Have you updated to Windows Phone 8.1? If so, this could be one of the bugs accounted to the update. I'm sure that once your problem is taken into account a future update will fix it. Of course, this doesn't help you right now, because you have a problem now, haha. Do a hard reset if you haven't already. Often, after an update, that fixes problems. Back up everything, do a hard reset(in settings I believe), and see if it worked. That's the most I can think of, hope it helps.

Zorky

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I had this bug since before the update and after the update :(

The phone turns on again after few days and works like normal for up to few weeks but then its happens again :(

Zorky

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
It takes 6 days for them to bother to look at it so by then its working I did show the girl in the store but now she is denying it

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
True. It's not easy to replace the battery on a 1020. Like I said, maybe a hard reset is the answer. Hold down the volume down, the power, and the camera button all at the same time until you feel a vibrate then release the volume and camera button. But keep holding down the power until the phone reboots. However, it's advisable to back up everything.

Zorky

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Oh when this happens the phone is completly dead nothing works but after a few days it somehow either turns on again or you are able to recharge it even tho it was full charged before dying.

And I contacted Nokia they said there was nothing wrong with the phone also lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb