Who here is going to buy a Lumia 730?

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
This was what I said in my previous post

[FONT=open_sansregular]OK,picked up a nice shiny new green Lumia 735 this morning at Carphone store in Birmingham. The stores only just had delivery today and they had not sorted them out yet. So I was told to come back at 12pm. I now have my phone in my hands. One store had never heard of the phone and never even bothered to check so I had a moan at them. Anyway,my impressions are this. It's a lovely little handset. Build quality is solid as always with Nokia,not too small and definatetly not big,quite lightweight too. Phone feels smooth to the touch on the matt finish,no build quality or display issues and all on the phone works perfectly!! Display in sunlight was great as usual. I can confirm the display is pentile though hardly noticeable. When I first tried the camera it opened very slowly but after the Nokia camera app updated it was fine. Photo saving is pretty fast i will say not slow,back speaker is quite loud and clear but lacking in bass. Video recording is smooth with very good sound although it looks like the screen refresh rate on video recording looks slightly jerky, when played back it is smooth!! Front camera is good & I like the Selfie app!! Double tap to wake works well. When I first took it out the box I actually thought my God this is way too light thinking it was a unibody non removeable battery. But it wasn't the battery was in the box haha. In the box is just plain standard charger and cable. overall very pleased and cannot see any issues so far[/FONT]

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention signal reception is good and call quality the earpiece is loud and clear. Also something I've noticed it doesn't het hot at all unlike the 930 I previously had even during set up. Browsing via IE11 using Lumia Denim seems to render pages alot better than before and very fast too. Display has excellent viewing angles

Pictures look pretty awesome. So is this unlocked? Or who's your carrier? I'm waiting for it to land on Verizon.

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
This is getting quite ridiculous, frankly. It's been a month since the announcement and we still have no idea how much this phone will cost in the US. I can't decide if I should replace my cracked 920 with a 635 or a 735 until I know the price of the latter! It's getting very annoying. I hope the 735 goes for $200 on TMO off-contract... Much more than that and I'm going with the 635.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well,so far am impressed that I've not had any issues with this device. Only one bug found is the screen dimming a bit occasionally even when not set to auto brightness. Not big deal. And this phone doesn't get hot at all

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This is getting quite ridiculous, frankly. It's been a month since the announcement and we still have no idea how much this phone will cost in the US. I can't decide if I should replace my cracked 920 with a 635 or a 735 until I know the price of the latter! It's getting very annoying. I hope the 735 goes for $200 on TMO off-contract... Much more than that and I'm going with the 635.
So true. Why make announcement and then take so long? They're losing customers that way!

anon(5348756)

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Well they're not going to lose me because I prefer Nokia/Microsoft made phones... but c'mon, this is quite annoying. They said it'd be released globally in September and here we are, well into October and still no news. Specially now that TMo is selling the 635 for $99... temptation is great, but if the 735 is going to go for $200 - as it should, given that the 5xx have become a new 4xx range, the 6xx have become the new 5xx and the 7xx should become the 6xx that used to cost $200-230) then it's the obvious purchase. Also, I miss AMOLED screens! My 920's IPS is great but it's no AMOLED.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well they're not going to lose me because I prefer Nokia/Microsoft made phones... but c'mon, this is quite annoying. They said it'd be released globally in September and here we are, well into October and still no news. Specially now that TMo is selling the 635 for $99... temptation is great, but if the 735 is going to go for $200 - as it should, given that the 5xx have become a new 4xx range, the 6xx have become the new 5xx and the 7xx should become the 6xx that used to cost $200-230) then it's the obvious purchase. Also, I miss AMOLED screens! My 920's IPS is great but it's no AMOLED.

It will be interesting to see what US carriers get what devices. So far all I've heard is that the 735 is coming to Verizon and the 830 to AT&T.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I am fine with the on screen keys i used them before in the 635. You can also hide them now too when you want to. Apparently later this month at Carphonewarehouse UK a blue version is coming or Cyan am unsure. Hopefully we should be able to purchase this back cover

ashu11sharma

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I will recommend you to wait for L730 and not go for L635. Reasons:
1) Good Camera, better than L720 (reason may be quad core processor, and increased sensor size)
2) Beautiful screen, Very snappy. And Featherweight & very slim.
3) Has every thing hardware wise.
4) Awesome front facing camera, even better than HTC m8, personally tested.

+ you'll never be in dilemna that your phone lacks flash etc

(edit): I forgot to mention it takes pictures very fast.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about the 735 coming to T-Mobile? I've been looking all over the internet and T-Mobile gets mentioned but nothing concrete. I guess social media is next.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12