New Lumia 1520 - Green

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed the new green Lumia 1520 is available at AT&T and it already has WP 8.1 on it. Does anyone have this phone and can you give an opinion on it? I've both the Lumia 920 and 1020 in the past and went away to Android because of the app situation. I am NOT a big app person but I did want some things I couldn't get. Anyway, I have missed my Windows Phone something terrible and with this new 8.1, it may be the time to come back. I know the 1525 is probably coming out sometime later this year but every time I see the 1520, I just really want and now it's in matte green (nice color). Oh and Cortana is also pulling at me. :eek:rly:

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
AT&T almost succeeded in killing the awesomeness of the phone.
I would say go for the international version.
But if Qi wireless charging and 32gb aint something you care so much about, they go ahead and get it.
L1520 is a great phone, still the best windows phone device money can buy.
(Personally, I'll say it's the best smartphone in the whole damn world today!).

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
You must have seen the same thing I saw at the AT&T store today; the new green 1520 and the new "Cortana display":

WP_20140808_19_00_52_Pro.jpg

I played with it for a few minutes. Exact same thing as any other 1520 except for the color. I was surprised though, as it seemed to be the ONLY Windows Phone they had on display or for sale, one, and two, they weren't advertising "Windows Phone 8.1" at all! Other than the "Cortana" theme of the display, there was no indication that this new green Windows Phone had a whole new operating system on it or anything... just "Nokia Lumia 1520".

Between AT&T and Microsoft, their marketing strategies always seem to leave me scratching my head. They gave up on the 1020's camera tech to sell phones, with the 1020 camera demo display (the tiny plastic scene in a bubble and a dark box to take demo pics in) and discontinued the phone. Now they're counting on Cortana to sell? Don't get me wrong, I love Cortana and everything, but you've got to wonder... how many potential customers were directed to Bing searches at that display table?

Anyway, to the OP, the green 1520 (or any 1520) is an awesome phone and still the top dog! I say go for it! I love my black one. Yes, AT&T took out the built in wireless charging and only offers 16GB on board, but both shortcomings can be remedied by adding a wireless charging cover, and a micro SD card. I have a 64GB card in mine, and as long as it's a "class 10" card, it's fast enough where you can't tell the difference between it and onboard storage. (I can't!)

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
was in my local at&t corp. store earlier in the week for another issue.
was talking to a rep. and he mentioned that they had just started selling
the green 1520 -which i knew about, as i keep up on these things ;-).
any way, the phone looks sweet in green. pictures on the web don't do
it justice. it has to be seen in person. the green is bright. almost blindingly so.
if i could trade my black one for it without effecting the plan i am on...
in a heartbeat.

as for the 1520 in general. great phone. even if at&t has had some things about it
changed -no Qi charging and only 16 gig storage (32gb on-line).
one can't go wrong with this phone.

cunn8780

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the green one Friday at noon and have absolutely loved it. My wife has the white one and has asked about a dozen times if I want to trade. Someone nicknamed it the Hulk and that feels right to me 👍

nicewabbit

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my green 1520 in-store yesterday after making several calls to local stores. It's a green giant and I love it! Coming from a 900 (I held on as long as I could) I knew this would be a big change(no pun intended), but I'm in love already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12