WOW this is NICE!!!!!!

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well this thread has made me take the plunge - a red 1520 is on the way to replace my L920. Will need a sim adapter though to continue to switch between my Z30 and the Windows Phone. Any suggestions on a good one?

Mindi B

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I got my L1520 back in December and still cannot stop playing with it. Ive never enjoyed a device this much, its just awesome and still feels cutting edge.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a carrier :) Although I might have to change down in the coming months, very pricy. Is there a way to update to Cyan without a need for a WiFi connection ?

Maonsie

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, thanks to this thread, went and got a yellow 1520. Took like no time at all to love it I mean going from the 920 to this is huge, literally and figuratively. Incredible just how bloody light it is!

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, is happening with mine even running on WP8.1 update 1. Sucks.

if you want to scroll, avoid lightly touching the screen and letting go; put your whole weight of finger down on screen, then swipe over. If you want to tap, lightly touch screen and let go quickly = it will activate selection.

In IT-Support Personnel's speak, it's a user problem. LOL.....:grin:

Play around with your screen a bit and you will understand what I am trying to say.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a carrier :) Although I might have to change down in the coming months, very pricy. Is there a way to update to Cyan without a need for a WiFi connection ?

NO, you need WiFi for the download - go to the carrier store & surf their WiFi ...

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
y9ytyduv.png
And this is insane battery life...
Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy Cyan. It's great. GDR1 adds very little over what you already have, so no need to sweat it... LOL!!

Well, Nokia to the rescue!

After Lumia Cyan... Lumia Denim!!

• Lumia Camera ? Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
  • Speed ? Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
  • Moment Capture ? A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
  • Rich Capture ? Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already-impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
  • Improved image processing algorithms ? Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
  • ?Hey Cortana? Voice Activation - Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say ?Hey Cortana? while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to the SensorCore technology.
  • Glance Screen ? Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.

Amazing!!

I guess now you can change the statement :)

mutant 9

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I got a notice for AT&T that my third line I use in my old school car cell phone will no longer work since its 2g so I could get a free 635. When I called they were out of the 635 so they offered a 1520 instead. I jumped on a green one and got it for free with no extension of my contract. I am now trying to figure out if I will keep it or sell it. I have a 1020 for personal use and a 920 for work. I will use it as a replacement for my 920 and see how manageable the size is especially since I carry 2 phones during work hours. One think I am not excited about is the loss of the QI charging. It was bad enough I had to add a cover to my 1020 but to not even have it as an option sucks. I wish ATT would be less involved in these aspects of the device. I think their PMA alliance is a big impediment to their customers who have spent money on QI chargers...

Anyway after reading the articles I am excited. I am also contemplating trying this as a tablet replacement when I travel. Any one tried to replace their 8" tablet with the 1520?

Thanks

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I got a notice for AT&T that my third line I use in my old school car cell phone will no longer work since its 2g so I could get a free 635. When I called they were out of the 635 so they offered a 1520 instead. I jumped on a green one and got it for free with no extension of my contract. I am now trying to figure out if I will keep it or sell it. I have a 1020 for personal use and a 920 for work. I will use it as a replacement for my 920 and see how manageable the size is especially since I carry 2 phones during work hours. One think I am not excited about is the loss of the QI charging. It was bad enough I had to add a cover to my 1020 but to not even have it as an option sucks. I wish ATT would be less involved in these aspects of the device. I think their PMA alliance is a big impediment to their customers who have spent money on QI chargers...

Anyway after reading the articles I am excited. I am also contemplating trying this as a tablet replacement when I travel. Any one tried to replace their 8" tablet with the 1520?

Thanks

I was going to get an iPad mini but the 1520 changed those plans!

Sent from my AWESOME 64G gold iPhone 5s

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, Nokia to the rescue!

After Lumia Cyan... Lumia Denim!!

• Lumia Camera – Replacing Nokia Camera, Lumia Camera is faster and more intuitive than before to make the best camera experience, even better.
  • Speed – Pocket to capture speeds are superfast, and it only takes milliseconds going from shot to shot.
  • Moment Capture – A long press of the camera button starts 4K-quality video recording at 24 FPS. With each frame at 8.3 megapixels, you can save individual frames as high quality still images.
  • Rich Capture – Auto HDR and Dynamic Flash are now welcomed into the already-impressive feature set. Shoot first and adjust the camera settings later for that perfect photo.
  • Improved image processing algorithms – Updated to give you clearer photos, even in lowlight.
  • “Hey Cortana” Voice Activation - Gone are the days of pressing the microphone button to wake-up Cortana. Simply say “Hey Cortana” while the phone is idle and Cortana will activate.This is possible thanks to the SensorCore technology.
  • Glance Screen – Compatible Lumia devices can now show more at a glance with Bing Weather, or Bing Health & Fitness data, in addition to time and date, notifications and application data.

Amazing!!

I guess now you can change the statement :)

4K video recording, awesome. What is the compression, I hope it's near uncompressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro