DP Windows Phone 8.1 Bricks HTC 8X

iamnotjamesh

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I've tried installing Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview on my HTC 8X Verizon Unlocked and it managed to get stuck in a constant reboot loop. It seems like other people with HTC 8X have gotten the constant reboot problem before due to other reasons. Any insights on how to get WP 8.1 Developer Preview and prevent this from happening?

I'm really trying to get to 8.1 and hopefully it will only be few weeks before actual 8.1 is released for HTC 8X.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This is a tough call, I don't have a 8X so I don't know what recovery tools are available

In regards to installing 8.1 onto the device, apparently it needs a driver update from HTC / MS.

Edit: removed link to Euro / Asian 8x flashing steps, as in my half sleep state I missed some info from the OP oops.

Second Edit:

Try this if this works for you?:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/htc-8x/217044-8x-bricked-latest-update.html

iamnotjamesh

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. The hard/factory reset did not fix the problem unfortunately since it just restores you back to the latest update installed rather than reverting you back to WP8.0. I'm going to try to find a way to flash US rom to restore it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos