After WP8.1 Cyan update...wtf...an annoying sound warning....

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So today was first field test With Cyan running and all apps updated. So far first impression is all seems awesome!
I am running an Unlocked Rogers 1020, display showing extra tiles, Cortana running well even with the region set U.S.

However as I was listening to music via Sound Cloud, a warning came in the form of Large toast message...volume cut to half...the system stated that to much loud music can damage hearing...is this a repeatable warning??? If yes..How to shut it off??

The SoumdCloud app does not play well with Amazing weatherHD....I opened weather app causing music to stop outright.....had to close weather to resume play.....

Apart from that....I love the new options and add-ons' Cyan has given.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So today was first field test With Cyan running and all apps updated. So far first impression is all seems awesome!
I am running an Unlocked Rogers 1020, display showing extra tiles, Cortana running well even with the region set U.S.

However as I was listening to music via Sound Cloud, a warning came in the form of Large toast message...volume cut to half...the system stated that to much loud music can damage hearing...is this a repeatable warning??? If yes..How to shut it off??

The SoumdCloud app does not play well with Amazing weatherHD....I opened weather app causing music to stop outright.....had to close weather to resume play.....

Apart from that....I love the new options and add-ons' Cyan has given.

as far i know it is not a repeating notification. i have received the message but just that one time. its just a notification shouldn't pop up again

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a feature of 8.1 in general. I'm still on the DP and this has happened to me. It was quite surprising the first time

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It's something that WP8 has always done, and yes, it does repeat. I don't know what triggers it, I always have my music at 24 when connected to the car and it only happens every once in a while, but it's super annoying.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
It is supposed to kick in only once, and only when you first increase vol over 19, but instead it occurs randomly (far less than it used to though). It is not an EU thing, that is a myth. It has grown out of a stupid French regulation but please note that France does not equal EU. You can't simply blame the rest of us for France just because it is near by. I'm from Britain and I can assure you that France is not our fault.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It is supposed to kick in only once, and only when you first increase vol over 19, but instead it occurs randomly (far less than it used to though). It is not an EU thing, that is a myth. It has grown out of a stupid French regulation but please note that France does not equal EU. You can't simply blame the rest of us for France just because it is near by. I'm from Britain and I can assure you that France is not our fault.

*Cough* The French are the fault of the Brits ;-) at least here in Canada.......Great Britain beats the French in the war over Canada...but then strangely tell them...."No worry you can stay".
Now we are stuck with them ;-)

**NOTE this is done as a funny.....I like Quebec and the Women who grace it** ;-)

anon(5788417)

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've had this appear numerous times even on my 920 on WP8. It's random, I normally listen to things at 20/30 and still says loud music can damage hearing..

the-wrangler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The music pausing is the app, not the OS. If you open Amazing Weather HD, go to settings, scroll over to animations - there is the slider for YES/NO with the warning is stops background music.

You can click it to NO, and it wont pause the music (but you lose the animations)

socalgunner

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
This is the result of having to create consumer goods that are safe for even dumb people... Rest assured, someone / somewhere filed a lawsuit against a telephone manufacturer for hearing loss. Now we all need to be warned repeatedly that loud music is dangerous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro