Watch the June 24Windows 11 event right here

10-01-2014 05:00 AM
30 12
tools
    Had to edit original post since people are b1tching about what they don't like LOL 😁.
    I have a headphone jack problem and I think that I'm not the first one to have it. Thank the lord for Nokia's brilliant design, to put the headphone jack on the removable cover that wasn't firmly on in the first place, because that doesn't happen, right? Well it did, Nokia, it did. I liked to play with the back cover, snapping it off and back again. And then this one time, the cover didn't want to snap back on again. I tried everything to keep it from falling off, wedging paper to keep it firmly on but it didn't work. Listening to music and watching videos are a pain since I have to make sure that it contacts the... contacts on the phone itself. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Asharon Baltazar; 08-19-2014 at 07:21 AM.
    08-11-2014 02:47 AM
    I have a headphone jack problem and I think that I'm not the first one to have it. Thank the lord for Nokia's brilliant design, to put the headphone jack on the removable cover that wasn't firmly on in the first place, because that doesn't happen, right? Well it did, Nokia, it did. I liked to play with the back cover, snapping it off and back again, helping me to release the whatever tension I had. And then this one time, the cover didn't want to snap back on again. I tried everything to keep it from falling off, wedging paper to keep it firmly on but it didn't work. Listening to music and watching videos are a pain since I have to make sure that it contacts the... contacts on the phone itself. Any suggestions?
    That's your own fault for breaking it... expect no sympathy.
    MrKlgs, xandros9 and teckris like this.
    08-11-2014 03:29 AM
    That's your own fault for breaking it... expect no sympathy.
    I didn't break it. Nothing's missing from the cellphone or the cover. And if you don't have advice, just don't say anything. The last things we need is more people who comment like you. And let's say that I did break it, of you got advice that does generate sympathy, I'd like to hear it.
    08-11-2014 05:38 AM
    Perhaps go buy a new cover in a different colour maybe
    08-15-2014 08:12 AM
    And then this one time, the cover didn't want to snap back on again. I tried everything to keep it from falling off, wedging paper to keep it firmly on but it didn't work
    That is what is known in the business as "broken" ie, it no longer functions as intended.
    nicfromwales, xandros9 and teckris like this.
    08-17-2014 03:14 AM
    The cover is loose. It doesn't keep itself firmly on the phone, requiring me to adjust the headphone jack so that I can hear something through it...
    08-17-2014 09:11 AM
    Sounds broken to me...
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-17-2014 11:54 AM
    No such issues on my Lumia 620 headphone jack as of now..
    08-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Nor mine, but then I've not subject mine to deliberate abuse..
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-17-2014 12:44 PM
    The cover is loose. It doesn't keep itself firmly on the phone, requiring me to adjust the headphone jack so that I can hear something through it...
    They didn't intend for you to snap it on and of over and over again. Don't blame Nokia
    David P2 and xandros9 like this.
    08-17-2014 12:51 PM
    No such issues on my 620 too. I think you need to buy a new shell 🐚.
    xandros9 and David P2 like this.
    08-17-2014 01:03 PM
    No problems in my 520, that also has the headphone jack hole in the back cover. The back cover has little plastic pieces in the borders for keeping it in place, these should have broke. Buy a new cover
    Asharon Baltazar likes this.
    08-17-2014 01:31 PM
    For now you can use it without the cover?
    08-17-2014 01:32 PM
    I can't use it without the cover since the headphone jack is part of the plastic. Nothings is missing from either the cover or the phone.
    08-18-2014 12:29 PM
    I liked to play with the back cover, snapping it off and back again, helping me to release the whatever tension I had.
    This is your problem. Try yoga or something.
    08-18-2014 12:32 PM
    Bottom line, your abnormal behavior of constant stress/wear/snapping on/off the cover damaged/broke something. (Nokia surely tested for occasional/frequent removals and stuff since the battery is removable, but nowhere near the extent you said you would do.) I would recommend getting another cover, and maybe few more if you're going to continue with that habit.

You can't blame the phone's design entirely since you abused it.
    David P2 likes this.
    08-18-2014 12:41 PM
    Bottom line, your abnormal behavior of constant stress/wear/snapping on/off the cover damaged/broke something. (Nokia surely tested for occasional/frequent removals and stuff since the battery is removable, but nowhere near the extent you said you would do.) I would recommend getting another cover, and maybe few more if you're going to continue with that habit.

Or one where that's not possible...
    Last edited by David P2; 08-18-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    08-18-2014 12:58 PM
    I feel like complaining for the car tyres wearing while u have a habit of Drifting when happy :P
    David P2, S Vaibhav and xandros9 like this.
    08-18-2014 01:01 PM
    Which brings us back to my original post... "That's your own fault for breaking it... expect no sympathy. ".
    S Vaibhav and teckris like this.
    08-18-2014 01:59 PM
    ONE BIG EDIT: Nothing, nothing , (how can I emphasize this?!?) nothing has broken off! Maybe I should post pics?
    And I didn't ask anyone to point fingers. I'm simply wondering if anyone has anything helpful (ideas) to say about tightening the cover to the phone. It's my fault but I didn't ask you what you think of it. Suddenly everyone became a f&cking judge. This is a "helpful" forum after all, right? And yes, I'm pissed about Nokia's design. They should have thought of the phone maybe falling or... there's a billion other scenarios that could loosen the cover. They should have either made it tight like the Nokia Lumia 820 or stick the headphone jack into the phone like the Nokia Lumia 520. Sometimes middle ground is good but not this time...
    Last edited by Asharon Baltazar; 08-19-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    08-19-2014 06:42 AM

And the Nokia Lumia 820 is designed for people with tension, huh? It snaps on like a charm and won't come off.
    It's a flawed design and get over it.
    And why are diagnosing my tension levels to "abnormal"? What are you a doctor?
    Refer to my answer below.
    08-19-2014 07:02 AM
    Which brings us back to my original post... "That's your own fault for breaking it... expect no sympathy. ".
    If I didn't expect any, then I wouldn't have asked...
    08-19-2014 07:02 AM
    They didn't intend for you to snap it on and of over and over again. Don't blame Nokia
    Refer to my answer(s) below. It's a flawed design.
    08-19-2014 07:04 AM
    Sounds broken to me...
    Broken in a way but nothing BROKE off. Why doesn't it stick on?
    08-19-2014 07:05 AM
    If I didn't expect any, then I wouldn't have asked...
    You're the one harping on about something you did, and blaming poor build quality for your abuse of equipment. Case closed. Nokia can't help it if your stress relief method is abusing equipment to the point it no longer functions as intended. YOU made the conscious decision to play with your phone in this manner. Therefore, the only person to blame, is YOU, NOT Nokia's build quality or methods.
    08-19-2014 11:02 AM
30 12