What are the changes that result from Cyan update?

fueledbygin

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I've noticed in terms of differences for my 1020 on AT&T between 8.1 on DP and 8.1 + Cyan (Not to be confused with DP 8.1.1 + Cyan):

* Arrows have been added to Wi-fi/data icons to show transmission is occurring. Small, but nice touch. Similar to how it works on Android.

* The Store notification for app updates, when pressed, actually brings you to the Store's history screen, rather than just simply opening the Store app.

I can't speak for stability, performance changes, or battery life, but I didn't have any issues with any of that on DP 8.1, so...that's generally been a discussion I've never had any real input on.

Unlike others, I'm not all that put out by having to reinstall everything. It's nice to have an excuse to "start fresh" so to speak. Gives me an opportunity to do some spring cleaning. The only real bummer are photos, even if they are backed up to OneDrive, it's not as nice as being natively present on your camera roll, though I suppose you could transfer them to the requisite folder back from OneDrive to the camera roll via USB.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
How do I update for lumia 720 cyan in Indonesia, I had already tried the update, but have not been able to

Seriously, are you going to spam every forum with this question? This isn't even the forum for your device, just relax its only one update, wait until WP9 if you want something to get excited about....

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I made the decision to roll back to obtain official Cyan. So far the transition lags are gone, can't see as much "loading /resuming" as before and the original smoothness of OS is back. Can't be bothered to go update 1, gonna wait official version of it.
Pictures taken seems just as good as they were before. Battery life seems as good as it was on 8.0. DP versions of OS didn't seem to be optimized for battery life and smoothness of OS.
So far so good 😊

Did you do a restore from backup? Not keen on completely re-configuring everything on my phone, and I want to see how it pans out after restoring

Miska Hietala

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Did you do a restore from backup? Not keen on completely re-configuring everything on my phone, and I want to see how it pans out after restoring

After the "reset", I did restore my phone settings n such from previous backup. It restores certain settings and of course messages and contacts. What u meant by re-configuring?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb