Lumia 830 specs leaked, Sept 4 announcement?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I was lazy to open photoshop, paint to the rescue lol

Just a theory regarding the recent 830 leak:

View attachment 76461

Haven't seen this leak. Very interesting. Love the highlighter yellow on the metal frame. Hope it comes in orange as well. Would love interchangeable backs! Been clamoring for it on a high end Lumia for years now. Doubt we'll see that though. But add that plus Glance Screen to it and I'm sold... will sell my 1520.3 for this.

Where did you find these photos by the way?

*EDIT* I think these are fake. Upon further inspection, the source also posted this image which appears to be extremely fake, discrediting the entire thing for me: Bu8Ry5tCUAA_Kr4.jpg

Last edited:

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
This unofficial render looks beautiful. The gunmetal frame on the black is a nice touch, as opposed to black on black like with the Lumia 930.

View attachment 76455

Ah, this is only a dream. The design looks too good to be true and until I see it for real I can't get my hopes up that it will look like this. Sexy though...but probably not the real thing.

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Haven't seen this leak. Very interesting. Love the highlighter yellow on the metal frame. Hope it comes in orange as well. Would love interchangeable backs! Been clamoring for it on a high end Lumia for years now. Doubt we'll see that though. But add that plus Glance Screen to it and I'm sold... will sell my 1520.3 for this.

Where did you find these photos by the way?

*EDIT* I think these are fake. Upon further inspection, the source also posted this image which appears to be extremely fake, discrediting the entire thing for me: View attachment 76471

Why do you say so?

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Very odd skewing and button sizes. The frame is thicker on the bottom than the top. And the scaling is off... 2nd pic suggests thinner frame than 1st pic.

I think it has to do with the angle of the picture and the second picture looks distorted to me, maybe wider than it should be.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So what do you all think are the possibilities for that slit at the bottom on the back? Really hope it suggests interchangeable backs as Chris Wayne 2 suggested. What else could it be though? I doubt there'd be a mic that size/shape.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
If this thing comes in at under $299.99 out the door no contract I will divert from the search for a low down 1020.

Igor_BL

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I hope L830 will have these features:
- dual SIM option
- glance screen
- wireless charging
If so, I'm going to upgrade from my L820, and sell my L520, which I use as second device.

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
This seems just like a thinner/lighter 920 with a better camera. Still not worth upgrading a 2012 920 from though.

Who are they targeting with these upper midrange phones?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This seems just like a thinner/lighter 920 with a better camera. Still not worth upgrading a 2012 920 from though.

For those of us on Verizon who didn't bite on the Icon, this seems like a good upgrade. I'll certainly be going for it.

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

This is for the Moto X crowd, if they launch it at the right price ($399?). Great phone that is "good enough" specs-wise but is more of an all-around great phone at a totally reasonable price. Sort of the Volkswagen Golf of phones.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This is for the Moto X crowd, if they launch it at the right price ($399?). Great phone that is "good enough" specs-wise but is more of an all-around great phone at a totally reasonable price. Sort of the Volkswagen Golf of phones.

The Moto X is the high end line. I like you mean the Moto G. ;)

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X is the high end line. I like you mean the Moto G. ;)

No, I mean the Moto X. The specs in the Moto X were outdated for a "high-end" phone - 720p display, same S4Pro dual core as a L920, etc. Yet by lowering the price and not concentrating marketing on specs, Moto was able to sell it as their high-end phone...and it got great reviews. My gut says this is what will happen with the 830. The 730 and to some extent 630 will compete with the Moto G.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs