Lumia 830 specs leaked, Sept 4 announcement?

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess around $300, since the 530 was $110, the 635 was $180, and the 730 will be $240. I am not sure, this is just an educated guess. And the camera should be a 13 MP with a large sensor.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Why the ****, they brought micro USB on the top again? I thought post 1020 this standard will be the thing of past.

Not sure why they ever did that. Makes a lot more sense while charging in the car to have it on top, otherwise you have to lay your phone upside down. I'm guessing there were complaints.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Beyond that, it's entirely speculation, but my personal speculation is a camera with the same or modestly lower resolution (20mp or less), but with a larger sensor. A larger sensor (like that found in the 1020) could explain the dedicated housing, and also the "missing" LED, since a larger sensor (along with the OIS pioneered in the 920) allows for better low-light performance and thus less need for artificial illumination.

I think the dedicated housing is just there to show the emphasis on photography/pureview camera. Lumia Icon/930/1520 all use larger 1/2.5&1/2.3" sensors. But yes, the OIS tech introduced in 920 was perhaps never used again. I hope you are right about this because that tech really made a great difference to lowlight photography/filmography.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why they ever did that. Makes a lot more sense while charging in the car to have it on top, otherwise you have to lay your phone upside down. I'm guessing there were complaints.
Exactly! Most vehicles have a phone holder now, when charging there it makes sense to have the port on top.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
there will be Qi built in (atleast for the Brazil version) ... so there is the option to use the Qi Wireless charger for cars...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This device is shaping up to potentially be very impressive as far as mid-rangers go. Seems like we'll either all be very happy/impressed on Sept 4 or quite disappointed... no in between. If the only non-high-end spec we see is 720p, I can live with it.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
This device is shaping up to potentially be very impressive as far as mid-rangers go. Seems like we'll either all be very happy/impressed on Sept 4 or quite disappointed... no in between. If the only non-high-end spec we see is 720p, I can live with it.

It needs to be PRICED like a midrange device though. Otherwise, it's just another overpriced premium phone with middling performance. If the 20mp and the Snapdragon 800 are legit, and they're able to get it to the US market at/around $399, then they'll sell by the bunches. If it shows up at $550, then it's going to get passed over by people who will wait for the 1030.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Now a days car holders have the gap at the bottom from where the wire can pass and then recent car holders have Wireless charging inbuilt. But with microUSB on top, you can't use it as dock. How many flagship devices you've seen that have MicroUSB on top?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
the problem with the US market is the subsidies that most people expect... an old argument i know - but its a real problem for WP phones...
for this to be a barn storming phone, it needs to be sub 300 before subsidies

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I know, I think it will be around $300, maybe more, but the Microsoft store will offer it for less. This could, despite not having yellow lines and doubling as a grenade, be a very good one plus one competitor. Not to mention Nokia's great customer support, cameras, and normal buying system.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Now a days car holders have the gap at the bottom from where the wire can pass and then recent car holders have Wireless charging inbuilt. But with microUSB on top, you can't use it as dock. How many flagship devices you've seen that have MicroUSB on top?

I have a 2-year old Acura and it doesn't have a gap for the wire. If you meant that phone holders do, most people don't use phone holders anyway. I charge my phone in my car without one, personally.

As for docking, I suppose that would be an issue in the car, but at home, that's what Qi is for.

At the end of the day it's a convenience thing. I prefer the USB charger to be on top but either way everyone can easily get their phone charged no matter if it's on the top or bottom.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
"This video has been removed by the user." -_-

Damn. Well it didn't reveal anything special... looked like your regular video shot using a Lumia with OIS. The only question was whether it really was shot using a Lumia 830 as the title and description indicated.

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2-year old Acura and it doesn't have a gap for the wire. If you meant that phone holders do, most people don't use phone holders anyway. I charge my phone in my car without one, personally.

As for docking, I suppose that would be an issue in the car, but at home, that's what Qi is for.

At the end of the day it's a convenience thing. I prefer the USB charger to be on top but either way everyone can easily get their phone charged no matter if it's on the top or bottom.
Even I don't understand the logic behind something that is almost universal now a days. I am sure it had nothing to do with 'some' user complaints as they will get far more now. particularly in cars, people seriously wont think of getting new holders to charge their pohones in the cars. Most holders today have a gap at the bottom and are clear on the top. But the primary issue will be the wire coming from the top. I always prefer it at the bottom as it does not come into my sight very easily

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Even I don't understand the logic behind something that is almost universal now a days. I am sure it had nothing to do with 'some' user complaints as they will get far more now. particularly in cars, people seriously wont think of getting new holders to charge their pohones in the cars. Most holders today have a gap at the bottom and are clear on the top. But the primary issue will be the wire coming from the top. I always prefer it at the bottom as it does not come into my sight very easily

Another points which I almost missed. 3.5mm audio jack looks good on the top. However a micrUSB looks bit ugly on the top. even when you see a charging cable on top, it looks wiered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa