Lumia 830 specs leaked, Sept 4 announcement?

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
At the end of the day it's a convenience thing. I prefer the USB charger to be on top but either way everyone can easily get their phone charged no matter if it's on the top or bottom.
I prefer it at the top as well! It just makes so much more sense, especially when connecting a usb port in your car. Hopefully it comes with the L shaped wires doe!

Shobin Drogan

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Also can i just say, i have a STRONG feeling its going to be a snapdragon 800 or more, if the nexus 5 is available with an 800 there is NO excuse why Nokia can't make it the same processor especially when the 5 is not exactly new.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The purpose of doc connector is not only for charging, but there are several 3rd party devices, with which we can connect our smartphones. Example speakers, dock stations and smart docks like Lumawake that is designed for iPhones, which provides special notification lights and other intresting things.

joeinbh

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I also like the charging port on top, solely because it makes it easier to plug in while in the car (I'd usually have my phone sitting in a cup-holder). That said, I'm a city guy who has never owned a car and usually drives one only 2-3 times per month, so my opinion shouldn't count for much and the placement of the charging port isn't a huge deal for me. Take away my dedicated camera button, however, and then we'd have problems.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2-year old Acura and it doesn't have a gap for the wire. If you meant that phone holders do, most people don't use phone holders anyway. I charge my phone in my car without one, personally.

As for docking, I suppose that would be an issue in the car, but at home, that's what Qi is for.

At the end of the day it's a convenience thing. I prefer the USB charger to be on top but either way everyone can easily get their phone charged no matter if it's on the top or bottom.
I drive a 3 year old of what is considered a "Luxury" car and doesn't have any built in gap or wiring for you to charge your phone. To assume that everyone drives the latest and greatest cars out there is kinda crazy.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
So we'll find out all the details next week, but does anyone care to guess at when it will hit the US market? Considering dummy phones are already being shipped in India, I would guess they'll be among the first to have the 830 (likely September). I'd be really happy if it could hit the US by October.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I think early October is a fair and reasonable expectation. If we're lucky and Nokia pushes their phones out sooner now that they're under the auspices of Microsoft, we could even see it in late September.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
So if the 830 comes out soon I will be happy because by the time I am due to upgrade it will have dropped in price.

I hope it does get shown off next week. It will be a big let down if its only the 730 displayed on the 4th

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So if the 830 comes out soon I will be happy because by the time I am due to upgrade it will have dropped in price.

I hope it does get shown off next week. It will be a big let down if its only the 730 displayed on the 4th

Na, the 830 is definitely being announced on the 4th, it's obvious from the Microsoft invitation.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So with the addition of today's rumors, here's what the Lumia 830 is set to look like specs/feature wise:

Aluminum frame with choice of black, white, green, orange (possibly highlighter yellow?) back covers
5" IPS LCD 720p display
Removable battery and back cover
10 megapixel PureView camera
SD400 processor
2gb RAM
microSD support
Glance Screen support (speculation based on display tech used)

Anything greater than a $300 price point for this phone will be too much IMO. That said, I think it'll end up going for $349 initially.

*edited to replace SD800 with SD400

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven