Loading screen - 930 still have it?

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I know it's the way the system works, since the apps are allocated on internal drive even when they are open but on background, but I'm wondering about it. The painful "loading screen" still on it? I'm thinking about buying a Lumia 930, I have Lumia 925 now and it's the only thing I hate on it.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
This is dependent more upon the apps than the phone. Windows Phone 8.1 allows for programming of apps that avoid this issue, but many older apps will still show the loading screen. That said, it should be less painful on a Lumia 930 than a 925 because the 930 is a much faster phone.

Alex Dean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The only time I've seen it so far on my 930 is when going back to Skype (after is has been opened) using the task switcher.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why Skype seems to be the only app that doesn't have a splash screen. Also they should show the splash screen on all apps instead of the resuming screen. After all that is the point of splash screens!

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why Skype seems to be the only app that doesn't have a splash screen. Also they should show the splash screen on all apps instead of the resuming screen. After all that is the point of splash screens!

But in multitask, the splash screen is pointless, don't you think? The right thing is open without any splash or loading screens.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
But in multitask, the splash screen is pointless, don't you think? The right thing is open without any splash or loading screens.
Of course. But it's better to show a splash screen than the loading or resuming screen. And Skype seems to be one of the few WP apps that doesn't have one, so it always shows the loading screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs