Bluetooth connection fails

rmdial

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Icon received last week from Verizon. I generally like the phone and am excited about using it since I am a Windows user and want to take advantage of using my phone with Windows PC. Heard great things about this phone and wanted to try it after years of Android use. I have heard complaints about lack of apps but I am not an apps user except for the most basic ones. My problem is more with connecting to other devices. After receiving phone, downloading updates to installed apps out of the box, I have had problems with connecting/staying connected to WiFi. Had to reboot phone to get any recognition of networks. Working better now. Bluetooth is the current problem. Phone does not recognize radio. Just searches and searches. Talked to both Verizon and Alpine Stereo. Alpine says I need to update a file since the head unit is four years old. Took Icon to my wife's brand new Escalade and it will not recognize it either. Just searches away. So, four year old or brand new units don't seem to have been set up for Windows phones. I need to make a decision since Verizon will let me exchange for another week.

Any help appreciated.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
You can make sure there are no more updates available for it. If there are, install them and give it a try. To be honest though, it does sound like it could just be a defective device, I would consider swapping it out.

rmdial

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. One problem is that when I walk it into the Verizon store they can hook it up immediately to a music device in the store. Doesn't seem to be a problem in their eyes.

I am thinking I may have a setting that is causing the problem. I may try a system reset and see. If it persists, then switch it out.

Thanks again.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Icon received last week from Verizon. I generally like the phone and am excited about using it since I am a Windows user and want to take advantage of using my phone with Windows PC. Heard great things about this phone and wanted to try it after years of Android use. I have heard complaints about lack of apps but I am not an apps user except for the most basic ones. My problem is more with connecting to other devices. After receiving phone, downloading updates to installed apps out of the box, I have had problems with connecting/staying connected to WiFi. Had to reboot phone to get any recognition of networks. Working better now. Bluetooth is the current problem. Phone does not recognize radio. Just searches and searches. Talked to both Verizon and Alpine Stereo. Alpine says I need to update a file since the head unit is four years old. Took Icon to my wife's brand new Escalade and it will not recognize it either. Just searches away. So, four year old or brand new units don't seem to have been set up for Windows phones. I need to make a decision since Verizon will let me exchange for another week.

Any help appreciated.

I would check with your stereo manuf. Seems the Windows Phone BT stack has some compatibility issues with some car stereos. I've been wrestling with this for about 2 years now. Waiting for the Cyan update for my 928 to see if it will improve, but based on what you posted, not hopeful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb