Nokia Lumia 520 Date & Time Issue When The Battery Is Removed?

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 520. However when I want to use my Lumia 520 I have to remove the battery to insert the simcard. When I boot my Lumia up I notice that the time & date are not correct even when it's connected via wifi or 3G.

Is this a bug with WP as I had a Lumia 710 too and it does exactly the same thing.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings > Date & Time > Set date and time automatically: toggle to "On," Set time zone automatically: toggle to "On."

It may take a moment for your phone to set itself even if these are turned on. Force an internet connection by checking email or searching the app store or some such...

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
On WP8.1 Update1, the "Set time zone automatically" will work by syncing time from internet. Then this problem should go away. I think before update1, there isn't any auto timezone option.

phil8715

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
It works fine when I'm using the phone normally. It's only when I remove the battery to take the simcard in or out is where the problem lies.

If the phone was better designed and the sim & sd card slots were nowhere near the battery this problem wouldn't exist. The slots sits flush with the battery making it impossible to insert or remove the simcard and sd card without removing the battery.

Naing Tun

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I also have Date & Time issue after cyan update. Windows phone can't sync the date & time properly. I can't access Goolge+. It says that there are certificate problems. Stupid Cyan update.

SapoPT

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, but already had it with my previous phone, which was an Xperia. I think it might be some SIM related issue, at least in my case

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a 625, 820, 925 and 930 on cyan and developer preview (except the 625) . For all the auto sync works. I am on a Dutch provider so I think it is provider related.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6