Tiles not grouping

Bullnugget

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey fellow windows phone users. I have read that there is a new feature with windows phone 8.1 that lets you group the tiles together and make a folder on your start screen. I have watched the videos, pretty self explanatory. Well its not working on my 1520, I have the latest update. Everytime I go to check for updates it says my phone is up to date. I have read through the WPCentral article, and alot of people love it. I think I would love it to, makes finding apps alot easier!

Any help as to why they are not grouping? When I stack them onto each other, the bottom tile just moves away. I am not real computer literate, so no fancy stuff, unless you can lay it out in plain English.

Thanks guys!

Bullnugget

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Ahh, no I do not have the developer preview. I did on my last 1520, it was stolen. I just got my new one last week and seen the official 8.1 had been released. I then got an email showing the tile grouping and figured it was ready to go. Will it be released to the general public or do I have to download the preview app again?

The last time I remember reading that you will not get support if you were running that app, of course that was getting 8.1 early.

Allorb

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 1020. The latest upgrade came through yesterday. All other features of 8.1 seem to work, but I cannot create a folder by dragging one live tile onto another. None of the recent articles that I've read indicate that this is only a feature of the preview version. All seem to indicate that this is a feature of the latest update.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 1020. The latest upgrade came through yesterday. All other features of 8.1 seem to work, but I cannot create a folder by dragging one live tile onto another. None of the recent articles that I've read indicate that this is only a feature of the preview version. All seem to indicate that this is a feature of the latest update.
By latest update ppl mean WP 8.1 Update 1 which is there with Dev Preview only as of now. You can either wait to get it coming or join DP and install it. That only will allow you to create folders on home screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs