This is question of the pretty popular reframe delema

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
If I have my camera settings on (JPG + DNG)

Q1) will the reframing process, open the DNG file, reframe, and regenerate a new JPG?
Q2) when I preview images from the Nokia Camera App, will the zooming process, zoom in the JPG or the DNG photo?

If I have my camera settings on (JPG + JPG)

Q3) will the reframing process, open the Highness file, reframe, and regenerate a new JPG?
Q4) when I preview images from the Nokia Camera App, will the zooming process, zoom in the normal or the high resolution photo?

Thanks

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There's no difference in functioniality whether you choose DNG or JPG. It's always the same.
When you reframe a photo, it overwrites the previously saved low resolution (5 MP) picture. Means you won't get 100 pictures, when you reframe a high resolution image a hundred times. It'll still be only one single low resolution photo. :)
And for the second question: what do you mean with preview? If you look at the images in the photos hub (app) you'll always only see the low resolution variant. In order to look at the high resolution images, you need to open them directly from within the Nokia camera app. If you use one of the countless file explorers (and I personally recommend using Pocket Explorer), you will see both, the low and the high resolution image in your camera roll and open them right from within this app..

bcm835

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Regarding DNG+JPG, the Nokia camera app has a warning that if you reframe in this setting you'll be reframing the low resolution 5 MP photo and not the high resolution one.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
......When you reframe a photo, it overwrites the previously saved low resolution (5 MP) picture. Means you won't get 100 pictures, when you reframe a high resolution image a hundred times. It'll still be only one single low resolution photo. :)...

I would appreciate more elaboration, as what you said doesn't really answer my question.

i know that it overrights the previously saved low resolution, but does it reframe from the low resolution or from the high resolution.

i would seriously like to see a video from WPcentral detailing this process.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I would appreciate more elaboration, as what you said doesn't really answer my question.

i know that it overrights the previously saved low resolution, but does it reframe from the low resolution or from the high resolution.

i would seriously like to see a video from WPcentral detailing this process.

Reframing is always done from the high res image.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Even DNG?

Yes of course. Nokia Camera as well as Nokia Camera Beta don't only save DNG. Whenever you pick a image from your camera roll whch has an according high resolution image - regardless if it's JPG or RAW - and choose "open in Nokia Camera (or Beta)", it'll open the high resolution one and lets you reframe, rotate and whatnot and then save it. Saving will then overwrite the low resolution image.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett