Is 930 better than 920 for battery life?

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I own both the Lumia 920 and 1520.

My 920 battery life often falls short of a day these days.

My new 1520 battery is fantastic at over two days life, however my 1520 is very difficult for me to hold and use because it is so large, and I'm only 5'8".

I am interested in purchasing the new 930, but I wonder how much better the battery is over the old 920?

newneo

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No it's more that half an inch in real estate. Speedier processor, better camera, 1080p display and more. The question of battery life though I can't answer mine (930) scrapes a day

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes many difference. My mother have 920 and she have to charge it every day (with medium use) and i charge my 930 once in 2 days (with medium to high use)

Peter Harvey

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
In another thread on the 930 battery, people there say the new 930 barely lasts a day.

My old 920 barely lasts a day too.

I'm trying to determine how good the new 930's battery is relative to my old 920???

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes really! Just turn off location, background apps, synchronisation and put saturation to low. I was also surprised about the battery life! But the 930 is awesome, and the display is really beautiful 😊

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't know how anyone gets more than a day of battery life with any smartphone.
My old Lumia 710 barely made it past 8hrs a day, and ive read people getting more than a day out of that....I was never able to get anywhere near that unless I put it in airplane mode.
My 930 seems to be fluctuating between 15-20hrs depending on my usage. I have NFC off, Bluetooth off (I don't use either), location on, email set to 'as items arrive', screen is automatic, background tasks varies, advertising id off (dunno what that does honestly).

But I dot have any expectations. Ive come to expect smartphones just need to last a day away from a plug. I plug the thing in every night. Whats the point of having it half dead when a new day starts?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, no.

It's the same when not worse. I get a lot of battery drains, something the 920 never had.

iwang

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine last a day, but only till 6pm or so. Have to be ready to charge at work, in car..have to..have to charge..have to chaaaaarge..

kitkat2014

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't know how anyone gets more than a day of battery life with any smartphone.
My old Lumia 710 barely made it past 8hrs a day, and ive read people getting more than a day out of that....I was never able to get anywhere near that unless I put it in airplane mode.
My 930 seems to be fluctuating between 15-20hrs depending on my usage. I have NFC off, Bluetooth off (I don't use either), location on, email set to 'as items arrive', screen is automatic, background tasks varies, advertising id off (dunno what that does honestly).

But I dot have any expectations. Ive come to expect smartphones just need to last a day away from a plug. I plug the thing in every night. Whats the point of having it half dead when a new day starts?

LGG2,MotoG, OneM8, S5, 1320, 1520 are part of the all day club.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I had 920 since 2012 november and 930 now. I'd say expect very similar battery life, although it seems 930 is a tad better than my old 920, but we're still talking about a one day battery life with in real life scenarios

peterharvey

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
From the replies above, it sounds like the 930 lasts only about as long as the 920.
That means as little as a few hours on heavy use, barely a day on moderate use, and up to 1.5 or even 2 days on light use, with many of the services switched off.

Like someone said, the 930 has a bigger battery, but it seems that the new brighter and more vibrant oLED screen has very high power consumption!
I wonder if we can reduce the auto brightness requirement to reduce the power consumption?

I held a 930 in the hand earlier, and I noticed that the Action Center has no button for brightness. Is that true that there is no brightness button?
I only saw buttons for: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Flight Mode, and Rotate Lock?
Or am I mistaken due to a quick browse?

In any case, in the hand the 930 is so much easier to hold and operate due to both size and weight, so it looks like I may have to switch from my several months old 1520 to the new 930, and go back to the one day battery life like my old 920...

Vicente A George

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello there! I Have a lumia 928, and it use the same screen as the 930... I keep the wi-fi turn on most of the time, location always on, bt some times.... I used my phone normaly for phone stuff but also spend some time gaming and a lot taking pictures, my batery in a normal day of use (without more than 1h gaming) tend to last more than 20 hrs in some cases more than 1.5 days... But thats the most you should be able to get... The 930 has a little more capacity on batery but has more stuff to play with and that only end in a betery a effiency as you take care of it....

peterharvey

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You can choose a brightness button. You're allowed 4

You know what, my Lumia 1520 updated from WP8 to WP8.1 the other day, and the Action Center gives me 5 buttons:
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Air Plane Mode, Auto-rotate, and Brightness.

I saw a photo of the 930's Action Center, and it only has four buttons. Why?
Is the 1520's five buttons dues to its 6.0" screen, or a WP8.1 update???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster