Should I upgrade from a 1020 to a 930?

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm traveling in Europe at the moment so it's a lot easier for me to get my hands on a 930. I'm just about to pull the trigger but one thing is stopping me: Glance.

I actually do...glance...at my screen a lot. Thank god the 930 at least has double tap to wake, or I'd really be hesitating. I'm wondering if anyone who had been used to Glance upgraded to a 930 and if so, what's your experience been like? I imagine it's a matter of just getting used to it, but thought maybe there 'd be some nuances.

Overall, are you happy with the 930? I realize the camera isn't quite a 1020, but let's be honest, I'm no professional photographer, so I'm sure my usage of the 1020 is embarrassingly bad anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just turn off glance on the 1020 and see how much that becomes an issue for you.

going from a 1020 to a 930 you're basically sacrificing the camera for significantly more power and some size (doesn't seem that much wider, but I think its a bit taller). Perhaps the loss of LTE is also a big deal since international 930's wont have North American LTE support (except in Canada)

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Just turn off glance on the 1020 and see how much that becomes an issue for you.

That, sir, is a good idea. (Don't know why that didn't occur to me to try.)
going from a 1020 to a 930 you're basically sacrificing the camera for significantly more power and some size (doesn't seem that much wider, but I think its a bit taller). Perhaps the loss of LTE is also a big deal since international 930's wont have North American LTE support (except in Canada)

My 1020 is an international model from HK so I've never had LTE anyway. Honestly the screen is the biggest reason I want it - larger and crisper (without being the ridiculously sized 1520). In reading the forums, it seems the battery life is about the same as many other WPs. Really like the green color too.

Given that this is my last day in Belgium before heading to the UK (where it turns out, phone prices are crazy high), I think I'll pull the trigger.

Would love to hear any other thoughts from 930 owners :)

gricardo

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
My case is a little bit different. I currently have a lumia 620 and next month i'm going to buy a new device. But I don't know if I should go to the lumia 930 or 1020. 930 is a better device, but I see people having some issues with it and 1020 has such a amazing camera. I'm not a professional photographer either, but I would like to have a phone that allows me to take great photos, would 930 be enought?

Alessandro Dut

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
Why would anyone pay an extra US 100 for a phone that is no better than a 1520?

If you dont want a 1520 (wich trust me, you get used to its ridiculously big screen very fast) then i suggest you to wait a bit more so Microsoft release a phone worth buying.

930 is Microsoft trying to be Apple, no wonder why they are loosing marketshare already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb