Missing features of wp8.1/Cyan update in Lumia 720 in India

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Missing features of wp8.1/Cyan update in Lumia 720 in India are as follows according to me:-
1. Lumia Cyan brings ability to stop use of Cellular data for limited Wi-Fi connectivity
2. Brightness slider. It seems my phone no sliders.
3. USB settings are hidden too
4. Display color profile has enhanced look, but in Lumia 720 it is same
5. Is contact photos from Facebook is blurred for all when we receive or dial call?
6. Live Tiles ? mark as red by swiping from the left over the Tile, how?
7.Moreover which app can't installed on SD card?

More questions:-
like in wp8.0 app data can de deleted by uninstall app or change date, so in wp8.1 with both? & how can we check app data?
soft reset button same?
if my apps are on memory card then I will hard reset phone, then apps also deleted?

Last edited:

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I don't see brightness profile after updating to Cyan in 720. No, If your app are on memory card they wont be deleted, after hard reset they will be installed. don't forget to back-up your settings before hard reset.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I don't see brightness profile after updating to Cyan in 720. No, If your app are on memory card they wont be deleted, after hard reset they will be installed. don't forget to back-up your settings before hard reset.

If hard reset done with fresh slate, still app remain on memory card?
Moreover which app can't installed on SD card?

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
If hard reset done with fresh slate, still app remain on memory card?
Moreover which app can't installed on SD card?

Yes they will still remain on SD card as long as you don't format memory card.
Whats app, facebook messenger, nextgen reader are few of app which cant installed on SD card.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
2. This is not enabled (yet) on WP 8.0 Lumias (except the 1520)

5. The pic is blurred initially but after sync, it clears the picture

6. Is not a missing feature for the 720 it's a feature that does not exist on Windows phone (yet)

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I No, If your app are on memory card they wont be deleted, after hard reset they will be installed. don't forget to back-up your settings before hard reset.

False, when phone restarts after hard reset, it says "apps detected on sd card, you have to delete them before installing new apps"
And FYI, i had created back up of everything.

Jasy7

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
False, when phone restarts after hard reset, it says "apps detected on sd card, you have to delete them before installing new apps"
And FYI, i had created back up of everything.

You did something wrong. AND FYI. after hard reset when you enter your email phone gives two options asking start with fresh install or from back-up, click on back-up. and from your start screen lay-out to messages, call history, and all applications are there after some time.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
weird problem in my Lumia 720 as I done soft reset, apps in SD Card are unavailable, infact SD Card is scanning in storage sense.
is it normal?
moreover it will scan SD card every time when I will do soft reset?

Last edited:

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
weird problem in my Lumia 720 as I done soft reset, apps in SD Card are unavailable, infact SD Card is scanning in storage sense.
is it normal?
moreover it will scan SD card every time when I will do soft reset?
It is normal, i usually cancel that process as it takes very long time. Also, everything works fine after that.

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
You did something wrong. AND FYI. after hard reset when you enter your email phone gives two options asking start with fresh install or from back-up, click on back-up. and from your start screen lay-out to messages, call history, and all applications are there after some time.
I had hard reseted my phone about 5-6 times in past. I know the procedure very well. When we enter email id, it says "backup detected, do you want to restore". On the restoration, we get the start screen layout, messages, contacts restored. And now coming to apps, apps don't get restored, we only get the app list, and all the apps you had before hard reset starts downloading on their own from the store. And as i also told peviously after hard reset phone asks us to delete the app data from the sd card.

Ashwani Chaudhary

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing something like this too.No brightness slider Facebook and hotmail contact are not merged. Apps can only be downloaded and installed over mobile data if you try to download with WiFi it will download but wont install.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Brightness slider is not enabled for older Lumias. Facebook and outlook contacts are not merged because you'll have to download Facebook app and merge them manually, this has changed with WP 8.1

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I had hard reseted my phone about 5-6 times in past. I know the procedure very well. When we enter email id, it says "backup detected, do you want to restore". On the restoration, we get the start screen layout, messages, contacts restored. And now coming to apps, apps don't get restored, we only get the app list, and all the apps you had before hard reset starts downloading on their own from the store. And as i also told peviously after hard reset phone asks us to delete the app data from the sd card.
Jasy7, correct me if i am wrong.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
now weird problem with Lumia 720 with Lumia cyan update (off course wp8.1) in India. I have 150apps installed on phone all on SanDisk Class 10 SD Memory Card. So for fresher phone I hard reset phone(only phone, no SD Card), before hard reset no apps were moved on SD Card.
But now whenever I restart or soft reset my phone this thing everytime occurs (Image) so this is normal to all in wp8.1 or its just me.
Please help me in this regard.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140816_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140816_0003.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 6

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
now weird problem with Lumia 720 with Lumia cyan update (off course wp8.1) in India. I have 150apps installed on phone all on SanDisk Class 10 SD Memory Card. So for fresher phone I hard reset phone(only phone, no SD Card), before hard reset no apps were moved on SD Card.
But now whenever I restart or soft reset my phone this thing everytime occurs (Image) so this is normal to all in wp8.1 or its just me.
Please help me in this regard.
Can't understand your problem ?
If you are talking about the app loading time after soft reset or restart, then that is normal. Apps stored on sd card takes time to load again.

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
whenever I soft reset or restart my Lumia 720 then "scan SD Card & fix errors" pop-up come everytime so its normal?
or can I do something. Any SOLUTION
full details in image
Can't understand your problem ?
If you are talking about the app loading time after soft reset or restart, then that is normal. Apps stored on sd card takes time to load again.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140816_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140816_0003.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 6

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I use Lumia 720 and it is not a bug. If we have lots of apps on sd card, then phone takes time to read apps on the card on restart. And this process only takes 15-20 secs. I have around 10 GB apps on my sd card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99