Earphone jack problem

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone experienced this, but I'm having a major issue with my phone jack.

When I use a earphone or a stereo AUX cable, I only get sound on one of the speakers/phone.

I only get a stereo performance when remove the earphone stick a little from the botton of the jack.

Like this:

All in: sound on right speaker

Middle in: Sound on left speaker

ALMOST disconected: Sound is on both sides, but quality is only 8/10

This started to happen almost from nowhere.

I've seen this on the web: Nokia 1020 - Black Update - Headphone Jack - Nokia Support Discussions but I don't remember if I got any update on my phone before the issue started to occur.

I'm running a unlocked AT&T 1020 with 8.1 Developer Preview with Cyan on it.

Help?

Tareq27

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had this problem dude,and then after a week I started to get stuck on headphone mode problem, until I finally ordered a new headphone jack from eBay and switched it by myself after Nokia care refused to do it.and now its perfect again. Lumia 925

gowcoizer

May 31, 2014
Visit site
The jack you're putting in is cheap one and the size of its thickness isn't exact as the standard. The problem is often on many devices. You'll end up eventually with displaced copper particle in the jack which causes to stuck on headhone mode... Use Another jack, not so cheap or cheap one but perfectly same size as original headphones.

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting. How much did you pay for the jack?

Also, I'm using right now my wife's iPhone 5 earphone because she took mine... Do you think they are low quality? They were working pretty great until they stoped working =/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05