Visual voicemail on Cricket Wireless

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used it before but when I went to the phone settings and turned it on. It processed for a while and then an Oops message came up, that it wasn't working or something, I can't remember exactly. It said to contact the provider. That was today 8/14/2014 at 8:55 pm on Cricket in central Florida. Lumia 630

ryanschaeffer#AC

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used it before but when I went to the phone settings and turned it on. It processed for a while and then an Oops message came up, that it wasn't working or something, I can't remember exactly. It said to contact the provider. That was today 8/14/2014 at 8:55 pm on Cricket in central Florida. Lumia 630

I had it working last week, but I had to do a hard reset to get my SD Card working. After I got it up and running the vvm no longer worked.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

javeg85

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I'm not of any use regarding your question, but I have a question of my own. I'm in South FL. How is Cricket working out for you? Is it any good?

ryanschaeffer#AC

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I'm not of any use regarding your question, but I have a question of my own. I'm in South FL. How is Cricket working out for you? Is it any good?

I am very pleased with it. I was surpised that it worked so well. Not the fastest of speeds, but definitely good enough. I am switching my entire family from Verizon, and it will save me $95 a month. Totally worth it!!!

Warren_S

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
ryanschaeffer#AC; I totally had to laugh when I read that because I'm pretty sure mine was working before as well (I didn't get many VM's but I remember seeing them in a screen in a list I could just "play"). Anyway, I ended up doing a hard reset for the same reason, so it would finally recognize my SD card. I know this isn't new, helpful, information that will resolve the visual voicemail issue, but I thought it was funny seeing the exact problem I had with the SD reset and all.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the SD card thing is a bug in 8.1. I've seen a few reviewers have to do the same thing to get the SD card working. So far it hasn't been an issue for me, but it certainly sems to be for some people.

ryanschaeffer#AC

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, I contacted Cricket about the issue, and they created a trouble ticket. A couple days later I chatted with them and was told that it could not be fixed, and Nokia Lumias visual voicemail would not work with Cricket Wireless. I was then told that I would have to use regular voicemail. Well, guess what started working today??? That's right my VVM! It doesn't matter that they told me wrong, I am just glad it is working!!!!

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Wait, not to sound stupid, but WP has visual voicemail?

I just got two 635's for my grandparents (I have a 520 as a backup phone) and didn't know WP had VVM. I'm also on cricket and have only used the Windows Phones on cricket.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Is visual voicemail where you can listen without calling the number or is it something else? If the former, apparently this doesn't work on Wi-Fi calling? I've been somewhat confused on the voicemail. I've missed several, but fortunately I don't get many messages.

ryanschaeffer#AC

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Wait, not to sound stupid, but WP has visual voicemail?

I just got two 635's for my grandparents (I have a 520 as a backup phone) and didn't know WP had VVM. I'm also on cricket and have only used the Windows Phones on cricket.

Yes WP has VVM , but I was having problems w/ it working on my phone. I was told it wouldn't work but they were wrong.

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
It hasn't worked for about two weeks and I noticed that I had a VM. When I opened it, the voicemail menu was open showing my voice mails ready to listen to.

Weird. I don't see why cricket wouldn't support it. Have to imagine it's just a glitchy little bug between the combo of WP and Cricket.

ryanschaeffer#AC

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Weird. I don't see why cricket wouldn't support it. Have to imagine it's just a glitchy little bug between the combo of WP and Cricket.

To be honest I just think they didn't want to mess with it. If it had been a non cricket phone, I would understand it not working , but it is a Cricket phone, so there should be no problem. I'm just glad it works!!

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I just think they didn't want to mess with it. If it had been a non cricket phone, I would understand it not working , but it is a Cricket phone, so there should be no problem. I'm just glad it works!!

I'll try it on my 520 tomorrow. I flashed it to AT&T GoPhone rom (for Cyan and 8.1 since cricket 520 was still on Amber) and see if it'll work on non-Cricket firmware.

SOCMOB

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
It appears that, for Windows phones at least, visual voicemail requires Cricket-specific firmware in order to function on that network under ordinary circumstances. There are reports of being able to circumvent that restriction by employing a hack known as the "foreign SIM trick", however. The link below has further information that you might find useful.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/317506-visual-voicemail-cricket.html

JamesMartin01

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I'm thinking about that same explanation. There are some services that may not be available if phone get flashed or unlocked and a different SIM card is used. This might be one of those limitations.

bschiav

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Confirmed no visual voicemail options in settings for me...I purchased a Lumia 830 outright (AT&T branded), it was used on my existing contract with AT&T for about a month, and then switched to Cricket. Simply activated and swapped SIM's (updated APN's). After voicemail setup, there's no prompt for visual voicemail PIN, and there's no options for visual voicemail in the call settings.

Bummer...I'm wondering if a hard reset may bring it back...maybe my old AT&T visual voicemail settings are in conflict? I may try this...if there is any luck, I will report back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb