Debating this phone....

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so as the title says, I'm debating getting this phone.

So here's the question(s) I have about it....

Currently I'm using a 521, I know the 635 has a 4.5" screen vs a 4", and a quad core processor. So that's an upgrade, and cool and all.

I noticed though that the 635 lacks a proximity sensor, and an ambient light sensor?

Proximity I don't care too much about, really...but the light sensor is what detects and sets the brightness automagically if I'm not mistaken? So if I'm right on that....

Does the fact that it lack those sensors bother you? Is it worth the upgrade from my 521? Or would you hold on the 521, save some money, and spring on something else?

Oh. Also. I know that my 521 only packs a 5mp camera, but it does take some great quality photos...Is the 635 on par with its photos? That's one of the biggest questions I have.

Opinions, people? :D

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I am not familiar with the 521 but I love my 635. The light sensor threw me off at first, but after a couple days I didn't even notice it. You can set the levels for low, medium, and high and it's easy to tap between them. I use medium most of the time, high when I'm outside in the sun, and low at night.
I'm not actually clear on what the proximity sensor does, so I apparently don't miss it. The phone screen turns off if you put it to your face, and I believe there is a pedometer function.
The camera's pretty decent. Not amazing, but I'm not worried about that on a phone. However, I've taken some nice pictures. It picks up a lot of light in dim situations. I've taken a picture of sunflowers outside that was good enough to put as the background on my 17.3 inch laptop (I'm really picky about not having fuzzy background pics). It's good for everyday kind of pictures.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The lack of sensors doesn't bother me. It's quick and easy to toggle between low, medium and high as said above.

Nokia have some trickery at play for the screen. When you're on a call and put the phone to your face the screen blacks out as normal, it works well.

The camera is better thanks the 520 camera. It's the same 5mp camera so there is obviously a firmware/software difference. Shots are sharper with less noise.

The 635 is definitely an upgrade. The LTE 4G is great, as is the larger, brighter screen which has more vibrancy.

Last edited:

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
My old Android phone had a light sensor and it never worked right so I always toggled it between low, medium, and high, so I find that to be easy to do since I'm used to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers