Current Dev Preview version vs AT&T update rolling out?

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have one of the original AT&T unlocked versions, or 909 as it shows in the details. Currently running the dev preview, but I saw a thing in the news about downgrading back to stock and then applying the new official update, does that apply to me and/or will that put me ahead of what I currently have with the dev preview? Just took a look at the "unlocked phones not getting updates.." thread but that just looks like madness.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have one of the original AT&T unlocked versions, or 909 as it shows in the details. Currently running the dev preview, but I saw a thing in the news about downgrading back to stock and then applying the new official update, does that apply to me and/or will that put me ahead of what I currently have with the dev preview? Just took a look at the "unlocked phones not getting updates.." thread but that just looks like madness.
All Dev Preview phones have to downgrade back WP 8 at present to receive this firmware update (Cyan) - at least at present. Since this is firmware update, you might not see any great improvements or any nice visible changes, except 1 or 2. If you are not that techy, you can better wait till MS releases an update from where your Dev Preview will see a direct update to next level. At present this might not give you anything extra from Dev Preview, if you are enjoying update 1 with folders on Home screen :grin:

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Of course, you can always downgrade, get Cyan OTA and then get back on the Dev Preview for Update 1.

I did that and it took me most of the afternoon. The backup doesn't include even the XBox Music Subscription music that you had on the device. So, my tunes aren't yet right. :/

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I think it is better to downgrade...I did downgrade on my lumia 1020...and battery life with official 8.1 and cyan is way better than 8.1 dp...

lancorp

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
How can I tell if I have 8.1 DP or the real 8.1? Are the version numbers different? I updated my 1020 last week to 8.1 but I forget if I did the real thing or DP 8.1. I have DP app installed and have Upgrade 1. I keep checking for Cyan update, but it keeps saying I am up to date (with Black).

My OS version is 8.10.14147.180.
Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
How can I tell if I have 8.1 DP or the real 8.1? Are the version numbers different? I updated my 1020 last week to 8.1 but I forget if I did the real thing or DP 8.1. I have DP app installed and have Upgrade 1. I keep checking for Cyan update, but it keeps saying I am up to date (with Black).

My OS version is 8.10.14147.180.
Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update.

If you have Update 1, you have Dev Preview.

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Did the downgrade and my unlocked version did get the 8.1 Cyan update, although I had to do it twice as it only went to 8.0 and something first. Seems okay so far, got 36 hours on my last charge (plugged in at 9-10% remaining). The mp3 downloader I used before isn't compatible anymore though, that sucks.
I had the folders set up on dev preview but with the way the WP home screen is I find they are worthless to me, I didn't set them up again and my home screen nicely fits on a single screen almost, I only keep the regular things on my home page anyway.
wp_ss_20140818_0001.png

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234