Heavy Battery Drain Lumia 520 after updating to 8.1 Lumia Cyan Update [Official in india]

srm_harish

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my 520 - India to offical Lumia Cyan yesterday. From then i am experiencing heavy battery draining issues.

I checked in the battery saver and it says that 15 hrs left even in full charge.

Before updating into Lumia Cyan, i was using WP 8.1 DP. even during that time battery last more than 20 hrs...

Seems to be a serious problem.

Any help from any one??

I tried Soft as well as Hard reset as well but it remains same.

patilbhushanr

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,
May be you can check on apps running in background. Hope this helps.

Also you can check what app is hogging the battery in battery saver app.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you update all your apps because it starting to update all(or at least many of them) your apps. Then it starts updating againg the remaining apps. I couldn't get the logic behind this two phase update thing but I had it like this. But I had slow performance and other problems, like the storage sense refreshed the datas for about 30-60sec! Then I did a hard reset, and the phone performance was totally different after that. No more slowiness, storage sense refreshing in 1-2 sec. Also the battery seems good too. So my tip is, do a hard reset.

Jason Joseph

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I am facing a fast battery drain. I update my mom's Lumia 520 today and after that the battery drains like anything. No apps running, it is idle for most of the time.

viswanathansri

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Just opne Battery Saver from the list , choose filter " Running in background " and block all apps from running in background except important ones like Whatsapp . For me Cortana is the biggest battery drain .

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that is a solution,even I am on PFD GDR 1 the battery performance has dropped,it was ok without GDR 1 update there is something fishy.

srm_harish

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Guys... Same problem again... I did a hard reset then my battery was showing 1 day 15 hrs in first charge. when i charged again today.. it is showing only 13 hrs... Need your help

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Guys I had to unfortunately downgrade my phone and upgrade manually to official cyan(earlier) was on PFD gdr1 , do you guys suggest that I enrol back to pfd and upgrade to GDR 1, although must say that cyan is very stable than pfd

Aniket Bhat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
It all comes down to one question.. Do you want functionality or stability? Anyways there aren't a whole lot of features for 520 in cyan.. But Cyan is stable though also standby time is really good.. Don't know about GDR1

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Aniket what I felt was battery consumption was higher in gdr1 but with black firmware, also I hear there is anew update rolled out post GDR 1 also so was hoping if someone who has renrolled in pfd post cyan update would sugget😃

devid patel

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Just turn off cellular and WiFi while not needed turn it on when you want to surf on internet or want to download app it will increase battery life in 520

WP Prospect

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Sameer, This issue you are facing is probably a one off case. I mean from your mobile standpoint. Many if not a majority of users i know get excellent battery life after Cyan AND further GDR updates using the DP program.

Technically there is no precedent for this issue. It could either be an inherent issue from the phone or a software issue. Either way, if this still persists, i suggest you take it to service center.

AJ

Anirban Das

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Well actually my Lumia 520 is also facing battery drain( both during Developers preview and during Cyan, Update1 ) and so is my brothers Lumia 620 (Cyan without Update1) .
Battery saver app showing 1 day 15 hours does not actually say anything decisive regarding battery life. It does not mean that you will actually get 1 day and 15 hours. The overall standby time may have increased, but come on we haven't bought a smart phone to keep it in standby :/ :/ . The active usage time has decreased a lot. For e.g surfing internet in WP8.0 (continuous) used to give me 5 hours now its about 2hrs-2hrs 20 mins atmost in WP8.1 :/ :/
Whenever I turn the screen on and use the phone battery drain sky rockets whether its the internet or Whatsapp or just surfing through photo gallery :p :p Strangely enough the battery saver app always shows "Phone" at the top :( :(
wp_ss_20140825_0001.pngwp_ss_20140825_0002.png
Just have a look at the screen shots. The l520 was charged to 100% at about 10.30 pm and in the morning at about 9.30am it was at 93% (idle usage was nil almost, wifi was on throughout) and then in the morning I checked the WhatsApp messages, a 2 minutes phone call, 8-10 minutes checking headlines in the News app and the battery is at 76% now :/ :/ Now that ain't even a heavy usage :/
Sorry for the long monotonous post though :p

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion