Nokia Icon

rcw510

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Phone less than a week old and wont charge past 89%. Verizon tech support useless. One agent told me to remove the battery!!!!! Anyone else have similar issues or solutions?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
]Any Microsoft Stores with-in driving distance? They have incredible customer service, might be best to have them take a look and swap your device if necessary. Sounds like a hardware issue, so a swap might be the only (easy) solution.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Try to let the battery drop to 0% as it may need calibrating. Sounds like it is at 100% but only showing 89% a soft/hard reset may do the trick. Failing that before you send it off for repairs try using the Nokia recovery tool to roll back to 8.0 then update again to 8.1 let me know how it went

rcloke91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had this sort of bug on devices before. Usually draining the battery fully to 0% and charging it again clears it up.

If that doesn't work, a reset is in order.

rcw510

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for quick responses. going to try going to 0% then recharging. Had numerous calls into tech support and not one person mentioned that possible solution. Their cure was to send me another phone. that phone arrived and the screen would go black once I hit send to make a call. they want both phones back before they will send 3rd. this leaves me with no phone if solutions on this site don't work. it has been a nightmare dealing with Verizon. I'll post a reply once it is resolved!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for quick responses. going to try going to 0% then recharging. Had numerous calls into tech support and not one person mentioned that possible solution. Their cure was to send me another phone. that phone arrived and the screen would go black once I hit send to make a call. they want both phones back before they will send 3rd. this leaves me with no phone if solutions on this site don't work. it has been a nightmare dealing with Verizon. I'll post a reply once it is resolved!

Yeah, I've heard Verizon is awful. I forgot about the drain and recharge solution, but that is the one I would definitely recommend. It's just a side effect of lithium ion batteries, they need to be "re-synced" from time to time.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah that's true. Def let us know for sure how it went. Also try the hard reset without using any backups and if that don't work use Nokia recovery tool to 8.0 then update to 8.1 again if all fails..pretty sure tho the battery drain will fix it

anon(4054009)

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Phone less than a week old and wont charge past 89%. Verizon tech support useless. One agent told me to remove the battery!!!!! Anyone else have similar issues or solutions?
Is the phone stock or on 8.1 DP, also are you using a wireless charger or plugged in? If the calibration doesn't fix it then what's next depends on these questions.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
. they want both phones back before they will send 3rd. this leaves me with no phone if solutions on this site don't work.!

That's not true. If the tech told you that, he or she must be new, they never require you to be without a phone while waiting for replacement. I'd call in again, they'll just ask you to send the first replacement back.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That's not true. If the tech told you that, he or she must be new, they never require you to be without a phone while waiting for replacement. I'd call in again, they'll just ask you to send the first replacement back.
You have a broken phone, you call Verizon, they send you a replacement phone, The broken phone needs to be returned within 10 days or they will bill you the cost of the phone. Return label comes in the box.

Their policy is clear on this, 1 for 1, they will not send a 2nd one, if you return the first one, they will send another one.

I have been here before, This is the policy and I can see why they do it but, in some cases it's a pain in the a$$ because the replacement phone is defective (Yea, in my case it was worse than the original phone).

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
You have a broken phone, you call Verizon, they send you a replacement phone, The broken phone needs to be returned within 10 days or they will bill you the cost of the phone. Return label comes in the box.

Their policy is clear on this, 1 for 1, they will not send a 2nd one, if you return the first one, they will send another one.

I have been here before, This is the policy and I can see why they do it but, in some cases it's a pain in the a$$ because the replacement phone is defective (Yea, in my case it was worse than the original phone).

That's what I'm saying, they'll have you send back one phone before sending another replacement. They aren't going to ask for both the original and first replacement before sending another one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6