Rogers says Lumia 920 Cyan is coming soon

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 update to Cyan is 'coming soon' | MobileSyrup.com

"Coming Soon", Rogers words of choice when slacking off.

I don't envy MS or Nokias position in OS updates. Carriers get too much say in this process for me to be really happy, why do carriers need to worry that much?

I wish everyone had the kind of influence Apple has in respect to simply pushing updates directly to consumers and getting rid of this carrier crap once and for all.

rudypoochris

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
"Coming soon" is very Microsoft as well. I don't understand what there is for them to test, especially after the same FW has been released on other phones in their lineup.

MyThIc3LiTe

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
God I hope so.

Honestly, I'll give Apple some crap but even my iPhone 4S is getting iOS 8. On launch day. Technically I'm running a beta, so its already there. But FFS, the day it launches I'll be able to download the raw, generic IPSW that doesn't care who your service provider is and install the gold master/release version.

MS really needs to flex some muscle over carriers for this kind of stuff.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
God I hope so.

Honestly, I'll give Apple some crap but even my iPhone 4S is getting iOS 8. On launch day. Technically I'm running a beta, so its already there. But FFS, the day it launches I'll be able to download the raw, generic IPSW that doesn't care who your service provider is and install the gold master/release version.

MS really needs to flex some muscle over carriers for this kind of stuff.

They don't have any muscle in mobile at all, Apple does.

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
So i'm sorry to report that the 80188308 is alive and well, and it's preventing the CYAN update from rolling to my Rogers 920 running 8.1 DP.

Words cannot convey my anger right now...

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
So i'm sorry to report that the 80188308 is alive and well, and it's preventing the CYAN update from rolling to my Rogers 920 running 8.1 DP.

Words cannot convey my anger right now...

Same f-ing problem on my Rogers L920 - I give up on this preview, I'm gonna go back to the non- preview so I can get that Cortana alpha running

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Same f-ing problem on my Rogers L920 - I give up on this preview, I'm gonna go back to the non- preview so I can get that Cortana alpha running

Forget Cortana alpha. In your phone settings, just set your region to "United States" and you'll get the full Cortana !!! :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon