GDR1 for Lumi 530?

Koenigsstein

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, can anyone tell me if the Lumia 530 will get the Update 1 for WP 8.1?
Are you able to install the Developer Preview of GDR1 on the 530 already?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes all windows phone 8/8.1 devices will get windows phone 8.1 update 1.including Lumia 530. You can opt for developer preview program to get early access of the OS update.

Koenigsstein

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply!
I was just asking, because appearently the HTC 8s is getting WP 8.1 but not update 1. So I was wondering if Lumia 530 might have the same problem due to small internal memory?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply!
I was just asking, because appearently the HTC 8s is getting WP 8.1 but not update 1. So I was wondering if Lumia 530 might have the same problem due to small internal memory?

That's something related to firmware. Don't worry Lumia devices are safe lol :wink:

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
If the 530 does get the update, 8S users will be pissed as HTC's arguments won't hold true anymore.

Although, I feel that smartphone manufacturers have no business making phones with 4Gb internal memory anymore, even with an SD card slot

Spilner1001

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hmm im trying to update a 530 right now and am getting an error 'The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened (80188306) -.-

Spilner1001

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
try again, make sure the internet is solid/reliable and stuff.
Ive tried everything suggested in a host of threads, resetting, stable connection, on charge :/

Pretty certain my connection is stable.

Edit: Just made the phone the only thing pulling from my connection (that can handle twitch, youtube, Netflix and my other phone all at once just fine) and still the same thing.

Last edited:

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The Preview For Developers GDR1 update can't be installed on the Lumia 530 due to low internal storage. Apparently GDR1 contains an update that will allow future updates to be installed by using the SD card, but this can't be completed on the 530 as it's not running GDR1.

I have tried many times to get it to install, it always downloads the update, but then fails to install it (tried after a reset, all apps uninstalled (for max free space). The max free space available is only 1.3GB on an unlocked version, with all extra apps uninstalled. It's still not enough space to get the update to install.

Microsoft may send out an extra OTA update prior to the official Denim firmware which may allow the 530 to update from an SD card, but I'm just guessing, it might be that it can only be updated via 'Nokia Software Recovery Tool' once GDR1 is released. Or it might never receive an update, it is after all the most basic windows phone available, updates for basic phones are never guaranteed.

Spilner1001

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I was able to update the phone today thanks to the latest preview update, id link to the news but i apparently dont have enough posts to do so

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss