Almost daily lockups - what to do?

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 920 has never been 100% stable - I experienced countless lockups since I bought it a year ago. I kept telling me "the next update" is gonna make it better - and some times that was actually true (e.g. with GDR2/3 + Amber/Black it was almost perfectly stable [having an uptime that wasn't even computable in "System View" - apparently a signed 32bit integer is being used for milliseconds since boot]).

But for the last two-three weeks it has become extremely unstable, locking up almost every two days while being simply in my pocket or lying around (or even when charging). And thanks to the stupid implementation of NTP I always have to manually set my date and time (my provider does not support/offer NITZ)!

Currently I'm on WP8.1 + the last recent update from the developer preview + Lumia Black. Am I the only one experiencing such problems? Is there an easy and reliable way to improve the reliability of the phone?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have occasional issues/lockups on both by 920/925 on the 8.1.1 update, I am planning to perform a hard reset once the official Cyan starts rolling out.

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting and sounds like a good thing to do, although the would mean that we're gonna lose live folder + other Update 1 features. Or would you enroll into the Developer Preview again?

BTW: Was your 920 ever 100% stable?

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
my 920 is ****up after the last update of the preview program, the buttons doesn't work, glance doesn't work, now my phone is always "charging" even if a disconnect it from the power cable the icon doesn't go away and the battery is always at 0%

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Whoa, that sounds pretty bad - my problems seem really minor compared to yours. (Though I just had to reboot the phone, as glance screen was first flipped and than gone for good completely…)
What do you plan to do to fix your phone?

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
i don't know i'm tired of reset my phone and nothing work i was looking for a tutorial so i can flash my phone with the cyan update

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Hmm? Cyan is still not available for me (But can't be long away now, as one operator variant is now in rollout - wonder how long it's gonna take until they release the Country variant).

Hmm? I just got an update for the Developer Preview - maybe everything is gonna be fine afterall? Let's hope for a trouble free day tomorrow?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting and sounds like a good thing to do, although the would mean that we're gonna lose live folder + other Update 1 features. Or would you enroll into the Developer Preview again?

BTW: Was your 920 ever 100% stable?

Yes my 920 was rock solid, never had any issues with it

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
So, my Lumia rebooted itself yesterday while I was driving home from work - just after I added two albums to the playlist in Xbox Music…

Seems it's still not 100% stable, but the last update has improved the situation a bit. Oh well, at least it did restart itself instead of simply stop reacting…

chaduma

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
And I thought it was just me. My Lumia 920 is acting sporadically odd, after the preview for devs 8.1 updates also. My phone will become unresponsive to button presses. Other times it works but, the screen freezes. I know this because I'll try to force a soft reset and later see a bunch of screenshots in my photos from where I held buttons and couldn't see that my phone was doing it.
Is this because we have 920s? Or because we don't have cyan?
Also, when using wired headphones, only left channel audio plays. Bluetooth works fine though.

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
So after another two random reboots the phone just locked up again.

BTW (Nokia Cyan rollout):
Lumia 520 - 820 literally every variant: available
Lumia 820|Orange|Under testing
Lumia 920|Country variant|Under testing
Lumia 920| A1|Under testing
Lumia 920|T-Mobile|Available (for more than a week!)
Lumia 925 - 1520 literally every variant: available

WTF Nokia/MS?!

Michael Hava

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'd try a "soft reset" - press volume down and the unlock button until the phone vibrates, that should be equivalent ot the traditional reset in a PC…

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12