Interesting morning I'm having. Texting problem, battery indicator fluctuation upon reboot

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just a few minutes ago my 1520 (RM-937) decided I could no longer text a specific contact. It only fails instantly when I text this one contact. I can text others and send test texts to myself without issues though.

So, naturally I did a reset (holding the volume down and power). The phone was clearly having a hard time with this. It took longer than usual to shut down. Then on reboot it showed the Nokia logo for a good while before resetting again to the Nokia logo.. And then again! After about 3 min it did a proper reboot. Now my battery indicator shows I have 5% battery remaining which is very interesting considering it was at full charge before the reset.

Just did another reset (the same way) and the battery is back to full charge. Normal reset. Still no text can be sent to this contact. I decided to delete the last few texts from that contacts thread and see if they sent successful. It's a no go.

Anyone ever have this problem?

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Its obviously a problem with that contact do you have a backup or have your written down the contacts info and deleted the contact and then input the info back in?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't want to delete the contact in worry of losing the conversation thread. However it's magically working again as of now. I also did the latest dev preview so not sure if it's related.

However, the battery indicator was definitely a weird surprise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12