Any comment from HTC and Microsoft about future support?

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I am really ready to pick up a M8. However, I was hoping to have heard statements about support for the phone. The other HTC phones have not been supported, the 8.1 dev preview didn't work correctly on them and there have been no really official announcements about 8.1 updates for non Lumia phones. I don't want to be stuck. On the other hand, it already has update 1 installed, has 32gb of onboard memory plus a 128gb expansion- I could easily fit all my music on a 128 gb sdcard at a high bitrate and all my apps and pics on the 32gb onboard memory. It also already has tons of accessories and cases and a glance type function. I guess I'd like to hear a little something from Microsoft about support before I would decide.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well HTC and Microsoft apparently worked really closely on phone so that is a good sign plus a step in the right direction.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Why are there doubts about this?

HTC 8S is a Low-End WP8 1st gen device. It launched with WP8.0. It received 3 updates so far and it is set to receive officially WP8.1. Updates further by Developer Preview are still in air. Since WP8.1 is still being distributed, it's still considered being on mainstream support.

HTC 8X is High-End WP8 1st gen device. It launched with WP8.0. It received 3 updates so far and it has been confirmed it will get officially WP8.1 and GDR1. Since GDR1 is the latest Dev build for WP, it's still very much on mainstream support.

So, seeing as how phones released ~2 years ago are still on mainstream support, with at least the 1 GB phone that has chances to receive next year's Threshold update, why don't you think that a flagship with latest specs released on WP won't get all the support in the world? Especially since it's the same phone as their flagship Android device ? Personally I think there are absolutely zero worries. HTC M8 launched with WP8.1.1 and it will receive 8.1.2 and WP8.2/8.5/9 for sure.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos