Everything is good, but camera ?

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Did u really think this ONE stand out from others ? but for me without that gorgeous camera this ONE is no go, is that same to u guys ? or camera doesn't matter to u ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People are too quick to dismiss the camera because of 4 MP like people are too quick to dismiss Windows Phone without using it. Check out comparison photos or even try it out yourself before judging.

Personally, I'd prefer larger/5+ MP photos, so I'm reluctant to try, but I haven't seen any hard samples or analysis, so I will refrain from judging too much.

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
this is from hands on with friends M7...
The camera is perfectly fine as long as you don't zoom, it is nothing amazing in regular light, it it quite good in low light.

Basically, if you ever want to zoom, you're better off trying to use the FFC...

digitard

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I have an Android HTC One M8. The camera is fine.

Yes, when blown up the detail suffers but on phone/browser type stuff its fine. I have 3 kids so I take a TON of phone photo's and they either go phone to phone, or posted to media storage for family and it looks great in those resolutions. Zooming suffers more than other camera's but standard frame is fine.

Yes, the camera can show some pretty gnarly noise in low light but it also shows the picture which most of my other phones have not (great low light brightening, but the noise is a byproduct of the higher ISO).

The Duo Camera is actually quite nice, and the Depth of Field effects work well.

I enjoy the camera quite a bit.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
People are too quick to dismiss the camera because of 4 MP like people are too quick to dismiss Windows Phone without using it. Check out comparison photos or even try it out yourself before judging.

Personally, I'd prefer larger/5+ MP photos, so I'm reluctant to try, but I haven't seen any hard samples or analysis, so I will refrain from judging too much.

I have looked at pictures between the 13mp S5 and the 4up (ultrapixel) M8. The detail is so much better on the higher mp camera. The other makes it better in low light, obviously.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had the HTC One M7 and I got some amazing photos with the device. Image capture speed and sharpness is outstanding especially for moving subjects. Should be nicer on the W8

Thanks for posting the pictures. Someone replied to one of my questions on the article and said that in the M8 there is no image stabilization. So the camera experience on the M7 and the M8 are likely not identical. Do you know if that's the case?

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Ya good point HTC went with their smart stabilization to replace ois in the M8 and now the W8. From reviews I read, the comments seem to mention the change affects video stabilization more than photo quality. Not too sure about low light. Anyone with an M8?

Chris Senn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
To me its all about the low light pictures. I go out a lot and taking pics in clubs or at night is hard to achieve on about 95% of the phones out there. I had a 928 and to me that was the king of the low light shot and it even had the best flash to back it up. I never bought the 930 so I cant say but it is a lumia. I heard HTC can handle low light pretty well.
I think as long as you arent blowing up pictures you dont need high res at all. But still anything under 8 seems really low.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My bf had the one and my friend has it. I am not fond of the low light quality and if I ever want to zoom in for any reason
, this camera would suck with it.

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I was playing around with the M8 in the Verizon store today and I must say, the phone is gorgeous! The camera isn't as bad as everyone thinks. I did do a zoom comparison between the Icon and the One and that's where the Icon really outshined it. Other than that, the difference to the average user isn't a big one. The speed of the camera blows any Nokia phone out of the water and auto focus added a nice touch. Also, while I didn't get to use the IR blaster, it could be very convenient, and I don't see it as a gimmick. The front facing speakers were nice to have and I thought the sound quality was very good. Also, the screen looked beautiful. In my opinion, it was a good choice to go with an LCD screen. I seriously thought about upgrading to it from my 928 while in the store. Haha.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I was playing around with the M8 in the Verizon store today and I must say, the phone is gorgeous! The camera isn't as bad as everyone thinks. I did do a zoom comparison between the Icon and the One and that's where the Icon really outshined it. Other than that, the difference to the average user isn't a big one. The speed of the camera blows any Nokia phone out of the water and auto focus added a nice touch. Also, while I didn't get to use the IR blaster, it could be very convenient, and I don't see it as a gimmick. The front facing speakers were nice to have and I thought the sound quality was very good. Also, the screen looked beautiful. In my opinion, it was a good choice to go with an LCD screen. I seriously thought about upgrading to it from my 928 while in the store. Haha.

Wait till you actually use the camera and then move the pic to you're computer because that's when you notice the huge difference in quality.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Wait till you actually use the camera and then move the pic to you're computer because that's when you notice the huge difference in quality.

For those that do that kind of stuff with their camera, the M8 isn't going to be the right phone. If all you do is Facebook and Instagram the M8 will probably be fine.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
For those that do that kind of stuff with their camera, the M8 isn't going to be the right phone. If all you do is Facebook and Instagram the M8 will probably be fine.

That's all he does. He is 13.
But bigger is better to him. Even I will admit prior to windows phone 8, I always thought more megapixels meant better. Now I know it is way more to it.

Soble

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the Pixels are not the most important one. But you shouldn't ignore Pixels. And I think 4mp is too small although it has large pixel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes