Cyan and LTE

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a Rogers 920 on T-Mobile.

So I wanted to jump the gun and get Cyan on my device. I flashed the Euro Dev rom initially because it supposedly had Cyan but it didn't. My LTE worked fine though. Then I flashed Vodafone UK ROM with Cyan and no LTE. UK O2 has no LTE, neither does CV IT. I gave up and went back to CV AU which I had been using for a year with LTE and no problems but I don't have LTE on it anymore. I tried the Rogers Black ROM and ATT Dev and neither can connect to LTE.

My highest data connection is set to LTE but when I search for networks it only pulls down Tmobile 2g,3g and AT&T 2g, 3g.

Any suggestions?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I have an AT&T 920 that I flashed to the Euro Dev ROM via the Rogers Pre-Portico ROM a long time ago. I flashed it to the RM-820 Global Swap ROM just because I was curious what it was, then went to the UK CV ROM and realized I no longer have LTE. Flashed the Euro Dev ROM again and the France CV ROM I was on before and also no LTE. When I do the ##3282# field test and change the settings to 4G only, the settings will not stick. But if I set it to 3G only or 2G only it will stay. Seems like the phone has forgotten that it has an LTE radio, it's very strange.

Any help?

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the French ROM on my AT&T 920 and flashed the updated ROM directly from NaviFirm last night. I have this exact issue.

Also, I can't get Cortana to work, even though I have my region set to US.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the French ROM on my AT&T 920 and flashed the updated ROM directly from NaviFirm last night. I have this exact issue.

Also, I can't get Cortana to work, even though I have my region set to US.

I just flashed my 920 to that same ROM (took me straight to Cyan) and I also noticed this:
I have AT&T service.

Other things:
Internet sharing now works before I even installed the spanish keyboard (if I had to give up LTE for this, I don't mind!)
the activity arrows now appear on the network indicators.
can't say anything about battery life yet, I'm upgrading to Update 1 as I type this.

I'll take a look at field test soon unless someone beats me to it.

Also, cortana never worked immediately post-setup for me since speech was set to french/needed a download before english voice was enabled.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed my 920 to that same ROM (took me straight to Cyan) and I also noticed this:
I have AT&T service.

Other things:
Internet sharing now works before I even installed the spanish keyboard (if I had to give up LTE for this, I don't mind!)
the activity arrows now appear on the network indicators.
can't say anything about battery life yet, I'm upgrading to Update 1 as I type this.

I'll take a look at field test soon unless someone beats me to it.

Also, cortana never worked immediately post-setup for me since speech was set to french/needed a download before english voice was enabled.

I went back to the previous French ROM (Windows 8.0) and LTE is still absent. I looked at the field test before hand and the LTE section said, "Invalid State" or something like that. I'm going to try to update instead of flashing straight to Cyan... Maybe it'll download a different version of the firmware?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did some poking around on wikipedia a couple days ago and it looks like only the ROGERS and ATT variants of the 920 have the LTE bands we know and use. (RM-820)
Looks like everywhere else (expect China) is the RM-821 variant which has completely different LTE bands, which could be it. Even before I had some concerns about the discrepancy, but that didn't stop LTE from working previously...

On a side note, I finished Update 1 and the activity arrows are still there and app my apps look like they're being reinstalled (without the downloading that is)
nothing glaring right now... internet sharing is still intact...
well, i have a start screen to organize!

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
It worries me because thejaredhuang said he put Rogers back on and it didn't fix it. The firmware may have bricked the LTE radios. Either they'll never work again or directly flashing ATT/Rogers firmware when it's out will fix it. 8.1 is still downloading on mine.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I have Cyan running now on my N920 (At&T) also running DP8.1.1. I flashed to (RM821_3051.50009.1424.0018_RETAIL_eu_italy_233_18_440723_prd_signed.ffu). Used Navifirm+ Then installed the preview for Devs and got the appropriate updates. Figured I was gonna have to go back to WP8 before getting Cyan so what the hell. I was right...without Bitlocker I had NO PROBLEMS with either the Flash or the developer updates. I did this about a week ago and like you said ..all apps reinstalling. I also did a hard reset after the updates (XDA suggested this) and everything is working great ...much improved battery. I lost the LTE symbol from the last time I flashed to Black..no apparent loss of speed though...so no big deal to me

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
"it will become your best friend and cook your bacon in the morning"
that's how it goes, right? right?

Given context, I think it's ... you'll lose all LTE capabilities on your phone.

I had no luck getting it working. Oh well, I can live with HSPA+. Plus that 830 looks very promising.

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have Cyan running now on my N920 (At&T) also running DP8.1.1. I flashed to (RM821_3051.50009.1424.0018_RETAIL_eu_italy_233_18_440723_prd_signed.ffu). Used Navifirm+ Then installed the preview for Devs and got the appropriate updates. Figured I was gonna have to go back to WP8 before getting Cyan so what the hell. I was right...without Bitlocker I had NO PROBLEMS with either the Flash or the developer updates. I did this about a week ago and like you said ..all apps reinstalling. I also did a hard reset after the updates (XDA suggested this) and everything is working great ...much improved battery. I lost the LTE symbol from the last time I flashed to Black..no apparent loss of speed though...so no big deal to me

Did you do a Speedtest? In my area LTE is around 50mpbs and HSPA+ is 13mbps so there is a big difference to me.

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting nothing but H/H+ (Sometimes it bounces to H+ but it won't stay it seems.) after flashing with T-Mobile and the Cyan update. No 4g anymore.

Something I've thought about, but don't have the means to do... Could a JTAG flash back to an at&t RM-820 rom restore LTE with an ATF box or something? I don't have access to one, but maybe someone does and can try that.

TheSuperShoe

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting nothing but H/H+ (Sometimes it bounces to H+ but it won't stay it seems.) after flashing with T-Mobile and the Cyan update. No 4g anymore.

Something I've thought about, but don't have the means to do... Could a JTAG flash back to an at&t RM-820 rom restore LTE with an ATF box or something? I don't have access to one, but maybe someone does and can try that.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that will work. What probably happened is the new firmware also installed new firmware onto the LTE radio chip and completely trashed it. I think this because a couple of us have put the original firmware back on and the LTE still didn't work. You may be able to reset the radio somehow, but that would be difficult without a datasheet on the chip (if even possible). I would love to give it a shot after I make it not my main phone and if I could get a hold of some datasheets.

Edit:
I just noticed the radios are on the main processor... So, I'm very wrong about that. It makes it odd, though, that flashing back to original ROM wouldn't work...

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I don't think that will work. What probably happened is the new firmware also installed new firmware onto the LTE radio chip and completely trashed it. I think this because a couple of us have put the original firmware back on and the LTE still didn't work. You may be able to reset the radio somehow, but that would be difficult without a datasheet on the chip (if even possible). I would love to give it a shot after I make it not my main phone and if I could get a hold of some datasheets.

Edit:
I just noticed the radios are on the main processor... So, I'm very wrong about that. It makes it odd, though, that flashing back to original ROM wouldn't work...

I don't feel like swapping roms around again, but does radio software version change when reflashing roms around or does it stay the same? I'm at 1.0.202184.3 on the fr rom w/ cyan.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've heard of ROGERS, but is flashing the ATT ROM still impossible? (eh, im a happy camper i guess, just wrangling with battery life - currently experimenting around)

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I've heard of ROGERS, but is flashing the ATT ROM still impossible? (eh, im a happy camper i guess, just wrangling with battery life - currently experimenting around)

I haven't seen anyone actually say how they got back to a RM-820 rogers rom, so I'm not sure if it's really possible or not. But, I wonder if flashing roms with NCS changes the radio version. I never checked.

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Flashed with CV Australia and Rogers Cyan with no luck. I can't flash pre-portico either because it gives me an error code:
0xFA001304: Platform ID check fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not meant for this product. The platform ID of image does not match with platform ID of the device.

In hindsight I should have waited the 1 week to receive the CV Australia update OTA.

The only positive note is that Rogers Cyan lets your tether right out of the box, no hoops to jump through.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo