How is your battery life with Cyan?

Jeannuel

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Today, after a week using Cyan I can say that the battery life now is just horrible. Just 10 hours, like 1-3% drain per 8-10 minutes just using WhatsApp and listening to music.

If I open FB or Twitter, is worse, and dont ask if I play something, I dont because of this problem.

With Cyan my Lumia 520 stills heats. Using IE is just like putting the phone into the hell, is fcking hot, is not comfortable to have it in the pocket because the phone turns to be very hot and sometimes im worried about it.

I have two Lumias 520 (one is from my father) and they have the same problem. Im just tired of hard resetting phones with no solution, I didnt have this with Amber or Black, with Black I was having 1 complete day of battery life and even 2 days just using WhatsApp. Is just terrible for me.

WhatsApp is the only app that I have ON in battery saver, location OFF, just 2G ( 3G=battery start to cry) etc.

Someone have a something to try for this? Thank you

Umar Hafeez

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I am also facing this issue i updated my nokia Lumia 520 via Nokia software recovery tool . Now my battery life is maximum 2:30 hours continues use . Before cyan update i can use my phone 5 hours continues.

Anirban Das

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
With Cyan on my Lumia 520, whenever i use my phone the battery drains at rocket speed :p ..the effective continuous active usage time now is 2.5 hours at most...noticeable reduction from previous 5- 6 hours of same and its really pissing me off ..
Keeping the screen on for about 10 minutes at start screen even consumes about 1% battery per 2 minutes :p
No problem in standby though..
Apparently increased battery backup to Microsoft == increased standby time only :/ :/ Updates keep rolling out still no fix :/ :/

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I didn't notice any difference. I use 3G, Wifi, location for Cortana, etc. Still the same battery draining. The battery also gets hot as before. No improvement or deterioration. I had hoped battery would improve. I'm disappointed in this aspect with Cyan.:(

lordsnow

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It's really bad. As bad as with the developer preview.
10 minutes on 3G = 10% to 15%.
It gets hot as hell, my poor Lumia 720 :c

mfcengland

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Had the 8.1 update on my 925 for 2 days, and I've noticed the battery draining quicker than when I was on wp8. It's not excessive, but it is noticeable.

doktor1

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems better than before!
I use Endomond a lot on my bike and it seems that battery life is better..

More testing to do...

s2mikey

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
So far so good although it does seem to change a little here and there. Some days "seem" better than others but thats becaue Im probably not taking into account my usage changing from day to day even thogh to me it feels about the same. One thing is for sure - the more I use the phone the faster the battery drains :wink:

I would say so far battery performance is about average from my experience. Im just used to my ipad Air which has incredible battery life even while being used a lot. Different beast but I wish I could get the same batery life out of a phone as I do my iPad.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Nearly the same as with wp8.0. It depends on how many apps you have installed that runs in background. Or how many allowed to run in background.

Karthika KK

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You won't believe if I say my L520 battery life was way worse before the update. It never used to pass through the night and I found the battery to be draining and at times even gets switched off by the morning.
After the update I found considerable increase in battery. I only have whatsapp and cortana running in background. 3G and music player on most of the time. I charge once in the morning it stays through the whole day and I only have to charge it by night once. This is way better than before coz before and all hardly half a day the battery stays and then dead.
One thing I would recommend is uninstall third party apps which are glitchy. Backup all your settings and contacts and do one good hard reset. This is what I did when my battery gave away and even my phone (random reboots). Touchwood now my mobile works fine. Though while charging mobile gets heates up.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett