Like usual. CNET has something to say about Windows Phone...

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
They seem to love WP and BlackBerry so much. They know a ton of information on both platforms, especially since that guy used a Windows Phone (Windows Mobile) in 2008, and it's basically still the same.

WTF is wrong with CNET? It's fine not to like WP, but acting all ignorant, rude, and stupid is another. He wants to know why we like WP and why we are so "dedicated" to this "inferior" platform. Let's tell them!

Go to 10:13. It starts then.

The 404 Show 1,539: HTC One M8 for Windows pass/fail, Ant-Man, how to rebrand a movie (podcast) - YouTube

Go to 10:13. It starts then.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about sending those guys some really mad comments many times, but then again I don't really like to mess with mentally challenged people.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about sending those guys some really mad comments many times, but then again I don't really like to mess with mentally challenged people.

He did say he wants us to tell him why we should have him try this "strange platform", so maybe you should. On YT or the article on their site though.

MikeLip

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Why does it matter what these two think? Really, you can take any platform and burn it - that's easy enough since none of them are perfect and it's just lazy. Doing that is nothing more than baiting your listeners.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm tempted. But I'm afraid I would have a hard time trying to be nice, which ultimately would lead to a comment being deleted in no time. :)

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
They seem to love WP and BlackBerry so much. They know a ton of information on both platforms, especially since that guy used a Windows Phone (Windows Mobile) in 2008, and it's basically still the same.

WTF is wrong with CNET? It's fine not to like WP, but acting all ignorant, rude, and stupid is another. He wants to know why we like WP and why we are so "dedicated" to this "inferior" platform. Let's tell them!

Go to 10:13.

The 404 Show 1,539: HTC One M8 for Windows pass/fail, Ant-Man, how to rebrand a movie (podcast) - YouTube

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

So why make they said that

Updated
Just watch and it's seems they make fun of my windows phone 📱:(

I hate that guy. If cnet doesn't want to review windows phone 📱 that's fine. But if they make fun of my phone it's where I'm getting mad

They seems say that this world only have 2 smartphone operating system and treat me like an alien 👽

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
i actually listen to this podcast daily and enjoy it. I wrote them an email about their bashing of WP. Jeff is a bit of a ****** about it. His biggest issues with it is that he doesn't know anyone that uses it. If a person dares compare and HTC mogul to the HTC One to show that they are familiar with the platform that just shows their ignorance level on this subject.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Who would want to watch these pods if they were positive.

It's better to trash or dismiss the competition to drive viewership.
These guys are just trying get peoples hackles up.
Rush Limbaugh uses the very same tactic to start arguments.

Who knows ... maybe a few people would see this and say:
o_O a new WP from HTC ... I want one!

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Not true, Pocketnow also has podcasts and a lot of them are positive. Stuff like this drives away viewership, balanced criticism brings more viewers in my opinion.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

It could very well work that way. As an example, how many people heard of a Chromebook through Microsoft's anti-Chromebook ads that otherwise wouldn't have a clue that the Chromebook even exists? (For the record, I never heard any statistics of whether that campaign had a positive or negative or neutral effect on Chromebook.)

With the M8 this, and others sure to come, could work in Microsoft's favor. The old saying is that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site

actually the podcast isnt bad at all. Thats their one of very few things that they irrationally dislike. not defending them irrationally bashing WP, but even on this website there is some irrational OEM bashing on things that arent Nokia.

I wonder when the last time CNET had a knowledgeable staff member was...

Check out Jeff's Bakalar's game reviews, they are pretty fair and unbiased.

i'd also suggest listening to the rest of the podcast and not judge a whole podcast based on one thing. Even if it is your precious windows phone.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Jesus! So much contempt, my ears hurt...

First, the guy hasn't used a Windows platform phone since 2008. It's like saying "Why buy an iPhone? I had an iPod in 2006 and it didn't do much".

Second, "in a world of iOS and Android, why bother?" Maybe just because we like the platform?

Third, if the guy doesn't care about it, then why the hell does he comment?

He has the right to his opinion, even an uninformed one (or rather unexperienced with WP) but respect goes both ways.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Jesus! So much contempt, my ears hurt...

First, the guy hasn't used a Windows platform phone since 2008. It's like saying "Why buy an iPhone? I had an iPod in 2006 and it didn't do much".

Second, "in a world of iOS and Android, why bother?" Maybe just because we like the platform?

Third, if the guy doesn't care about it, then why the hell does he comment?

He has the right to his opinion, even an uninformed one (or rather unexperienced with WP) but respect goes both ways.

This is what I was thinking...
That's why I typed "trying to get hackles up" seems to me this is to incite feedback from WPer's to see if there's actually any WP users out there who care to challenge?

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is hilarious actually. The HTC Mogul had what, Windows Mobile 6 on it? Someone mentioned it previously but that comment invalidated anything else he had to say on the subject.

That'd be like me saying, "I used Android back in '08. I had a G1 with Android on it and it was the laggiest POS I ever used. I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Haven't tried it since. How is Android so popular?"

To each their own but it's funny how he totally separated himself from "us" with his choice of words.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077