HTC One for Windows UNLOCKED?

JonaBraun1899

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys I'm New to This forum.

I live in Europe and I have a Lumia 925 and I would like to upgrade to the M8. I read that it has international bands so it should work in Europe and it should also be unlocked because of the rule the government passed lately. Do you think it is a good idea to pick one up (see what I did there) the next time I am in the US or do you think there will be complications?

Thanks For The Help

Jona

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Verizon phones are unlocked so it will work in Europe. But you Might have problems with SMS, MMS, and no LTE

Jnelson071

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
HI Jona, I picked The ONE up today and slipped my T-mobile sim inside and got exactly what I expected... Phone works great and extremely fast BUT no MMS. Also there is no field under APN settings to enter MMS URL. My advice? Wait for more carriers to offer the device.

Anthony Lowry

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Id be careful. Verizon somehow intentionally borked the Icon so it would not work correctly on AT&T & T-Mobile. Most that tried could not get MMS working among other brain damage.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Id be careful. Verizon somehow intentionally borked the Icon so it would not work correctly on AT&T & T-Mobile. Most that tried could not get MMS working among other brain damage.

voice still goes over cdma so ya it isnt intentional its more like every carriers networks are set up differently then everyone elses.

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link but NO DICE! Verizon has this thing locked down tight. I can access the link on both 1520 and 925 (they both show "in collection") but when it comes to the ONE M8, you get a msg (not available for this device)!!!
That's probably because it's a Nokia app designed for Nokia hardware.

There's this app from Samsung. It might not let you install it, but perhaps you could take a look? APNs | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Jnelson071

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

There's this app from Samsung. It might not let you install it, but perhaps you could take a look? APNs | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Honestly, after 19 yrs (almost exclusively) with Nokia, it completely went over my head that this is not a Nokia! While I am loyal to Nokia I must admit this is a wonderful device. Now, about those DAMN MMS settings...

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Probably not, most likely, MS just hasn't added it the list of devices. Windows Phone Insider app isn't available for the M8 either yet I could get in on Samsung and I know 8x users could get it.

Jnelson071

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well guys, still no luck. Hopefully someone will come to market SOON with a fix for this. Guess until then I'll continue to send whatsapp invites.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Weird, connection setup didn't do the trick huh? Well, strangely enough, I asked a little birdie about this one... Apparently, you need to have the phone officially 'unlocked' by VZW before the APN protocols are accessible. It ships unlocked for world usage, but if you plan on using it here (or want to edit APNs) you need to make a call to customer care... Strange...

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Weird, connection setup didn't do the trick huh? Well, strangely enough, I asked a little birdie about this one... Apparently, you need to have the phone officially 'unlocked' by VZW before the APN protocols are accessible. It ships unlocked for world usage, but if you plan on using it here (or want to edit APNs) you need to make a call to customer care... Strange...

I just got off the phone with Verizon's customer care. They lied to my face and told me the APN options will pop up when you put in the other network's SIM card. I also asked them why I didn't have call blocking ability and they said I had to add it my account. I told them it's built into the OS. And their reply was the phone isn't capable then.

Jnelson071

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Typical! I've had those experiences with various customer care reps from all of the Big Four carriers. Corporate bull**** is what it is!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb